Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #31
Cesco
Connoisseur
Cesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura 2-Aura H2O-K1-LibraH2O
Thanks Giorgio, excellent hack, installed on Glo and Aura hd.pinch to zoom works well on pdf, Cbr and Cbz
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #32
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
It's really a shame it doesn't work on epubs though. But since it does work on PDFs, I'll give it a try.

Does it need a particular firmware version though? Or above a certain firmware version?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #33
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I wonder if Goirgio's magical intervention has allowed for the detection of the gestures, but that the reader software needs to be looking for them and have responses prepared.

It could be that "pinch & zoom" requires a response from the reading software, whereas the frontlight is a hardware response under the FW. Kobo's reader may have prepared responses to those gestures and maybe the Adobe Reader Kobo uses for .epub doesn't.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #34
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Sounds absolutely fascinating. I'm just wondering: will it interfere with patches applied using the patcher?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #35
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
The lighting only works from within the book and if I remember correctly that's how it is with the Aura.

I'm using firmware 3.1.1, footer patched and night mode.
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #36
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Sounds absolutely fascinating. I'm just wondering: will it interfere with patches applied using the patcher?
I'm using the Patcher and giorgio130's hack on Glo and Aura HD without problems.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #37
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Thanks. So I'll give it a try, I guess...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I wonder if Goirgio's magical intervention has allowed for the detection of the gestures, but that the reader software needs to be looking for them and have responses prepared.

It could be that "pinch & zoom" requires a response from the reading software, whereas the frontlight is a hardware response under the FW. Kobo's reader may have prepared responses to those gestures and maybe the Adobe Reader Kobo uses for .epub doesn't.
It is likely that it is because Kobo are working on the support for the Aura and different things are working because of that. It probably depends on whether the code is testing to see if the current device is an Aura or not.

Looking at the libraries, there are a few interesting strings that look like settings that could affect this. In the "FeatureSettings" section, I can see "GestureKeyboard" and "PinchFontSize". And in the "ApplicationSettings" there is "KrakenIsPhoenix".

I have tried these with past firmware, and they didn't seem to do anything. But, with the kernel supporting multitouch, that might change. Each of them appear to be a boolean, so the should take either "True" or "False".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #39
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I would actually love to have pinch/"unpinch" working in epubs - but to change font size, not images.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:45 AM   #40
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think the issue is that the pinch needs to be built into the code based on the Adobe RMSDK; currently the pinch support is only present in the code based on the ACCESS rendering engine. (RMSDK for ePub, ACCESS for kEpub).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #41
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
OMG, this is fabulous! Works perfectly on my Kobo Aura HD (and doesn't interfere with the night mode hack I'd previously installed). Thank you, thank you, thank you!
have you tried it on your Mini? I confess I am scared to be the first Mini guinea pig, I already have 3.1.1 which is not supposed to be there, and I am scared of messing things up irremediably....
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #42
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
have you tried it on your Mini? I confess I am scared to be the first Mini guinea pig, I already have 3.1.1 which is not supposed to be there, and I am scared of messing things up irremediably....
Hi Paola, if you already de-bricked you mini, the same procedure would correct anything that could go wrong.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:40 PM   #43
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I tried on my AuraHD 3.1.1 and it seems to be functioning, but I don't have any books that I let Nickel manage. I read in Koreader mostly and I am not sure what multi-gestures work on my "Dragon", in Koreader. From what I have seen so far, the effect of these gestures don't show up right away, which is confusing.

Still, this is a valuable addition to the device and another impressive accomplishment for Giorgio, bravo.

Luck;
Ken

@paola; The multi-gestures being there have not effected anything else, or my normal use of the touchscreen.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-02-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #44
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Thanks Ken and Giorgio - however

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Hi Paola, if you already de-bricked you mini, the same procedure would correct anything that could go wrong.
yes, but I must have lost a year in life expectancy, so not really looking forward to doing it again
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #45
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Hi Giorgio130

I was one of those affected by the 1% light bug, I got rid of it only doing these 3 steps:
- factory reset
- upgrade to 2.6.1
- upgrade to the last firmware (3.1.1 now)

After that the bug was solved, turning on light by pressing the light button (or waking un the reader) with light at 1% worked as expected, untill I installed this hack, now the bug is here again. Do you have any clue on why it appened?

the good news is that using the 2 fingers slide to up the light makes the bug less annoying than before.

Thank you

Last edited by eXistenZ; 02-03-2014 at 11:30 AM.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote