Lanark1982
Lanark1982 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 and a Meebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Close the BB app.
Press on app icon and go to Application Optimisation
Select Start full screen.
You can also enable the other settings or not, but not Regal (that does no greys)..
They are working on it.
Thanks, but that hasn't sorted this problem out. It still hangs on "counting pages".
Lanark1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:55 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Is Chrome Browser installed? Current Borrowbox seems to need it and up-to-date too.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 04:01 PM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I now can't read any library book. It tells me to Update Chrome, and it is updated.
Old 03-06-2024, 03:29 AM   #19
Bsheep
Bsheep began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook T80D
The same here..Chrome updated but tells : eBook Reader Not Supported
To use the eBook Reader please update your Google Chrome browser.
BB and Android (8.1) new updated and factory reset done..
Stops while trying download book..
Bsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:13 AM   #20
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Email bolinda or contact via Playstore feedback. They do reply, not that it's done any good so far. The app is updated frequently, but like almost all updates there is never an explanation.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:56 AM   #21
Bsheep

Email is out to Bolinda...we see..
Old 03-07-2024, 07:38 AM   #22
Bsheep

Update..Bolinda ask for logfile and they got it now..
Old 03-08-2024, 08:27 AM   #23
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Installed update today.
Borrowed a book.
A new extra confusing popup about confirmation / reserve, then I confirmed download, which started and then the message about Chrome appeared.
I returned loan.

Even when it does work (any other Android it installs on), it's clunky and content is all left justified. The local library wrote over a year ago that they were changing to a different system, but it's not happened yet.
Old 03-14-2024, 06:21 AM   #24
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Bolinda Borrowbox have another update on the Playstore, which I've not tested yet. They seem to have frequent updates that don't obviously fix anything (like justification etc in content). Even when it works, even on LCD, it seems a terribly poor reading app.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:27 PM   #25
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

They actually emailed me suggesting I try the new release.
No difference. Still wants Chrome updated.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM   #26
Bsheep

Also tried the new version 3.11.12 but no change..still wants the chrome update..no email from Bolinda for me, so I have hope to get an update from my logfile
Old 03-21-2024, 01:02 PM   #27
Bsheep

New contact to Bolinda and they ask for a new logfile which they got Great support...
thanks to Bolinda to support our old Likebooks.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:03 AM   #28
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheep View Post
Great support...
thanks to Bolinda to support our old Likebooks.
I don't think so.
Quote:
Our Solutions Management has resolved that this error is due to the fact that BorrowBox have updated their WebView, to allow the BorrowBox app and Website to stay up to date with new eReaders and other devices. Therefore it is no longer compatible with the device you are using.
Despite I have apps that work on Android 4.1 and 13.0
Despite other reading apps work on the Mars.
Despite it works on an LCD Tablet running the Go edition of the same Android 8.1

The local librarian said Borrowbox was to be replaced (over a year ago). I hope they do, because it's really poor to read on and use even on Android 13. Ignores most of the ebook CSS.
Meanwhile I'll use the TCL Nxtpaper 11 tablet. Too much bother to put the library ebooks on the Sage.

I've some ereaders that are nearly 10 years older than the Boyue Mars. I think Android on eink is very much less use than I thought it would be.

So I've no longer any need for the Mars. The audio and audio jack are nearly useless. Podcasts, TTS, Audiobooks, music etc are better on my Oppo A16 phone. Fantastic battery life for audio and standby.