Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
golfgirl
golfgirl began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
help with night mode

I have downloaded a free book-soul identity by Dennis Batchelder-from kobo, and when I try to view in night mode the screen goes black with no lettering. Any help would be appreciated! I also notice that when reading for some reason the 'select text' option randomly comes up even though I havn't pressed anything!
golfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
I'm not sure it is your Vox as I had a book that did the same. It is the way the book is formatted I think.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
You can try instead to turn the brightness all the way down in the reader's settings. That's what I do. I find white lettering on black painful...
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
I haven't had that problem yet with any of the books I have read. Granted, I've only been reading books that I've purchased from Kobo.

I think the select text prompt pops up if your finger drags along the screen. I think the purpose of this is to highlight, so if you do something that might resemble a highlighting motion, it pops up. I think.
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
I had the same issue with a free ebook not from kobo, but other free books i downloaded works fined. Think that cyperslock is right is a matter of how the epub is formatted
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
You'll find a lot of books that originate with Smashwords (who then send out to Kobo, Sony, etc) will have that problem. Seems they hard code text to be black.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote