Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
Cariad
Cariad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 BC , Samsung Galaxy SII
New Kobo Touch, won't recognize books from Calibre, please help

Hello All, my previous ereader was a Sony PRS T1. It's recently expired (old age). I just bought a refurbished Kobo Touch, set at factory defaults. I have always used Calibre as my library, however when I fired up the Kobo and transferred books using Calibre, it doesn't recognise the books. If I close Calibre and just plug it in as a usb device I can see the books are there.
I have a 'welcome' message from Kobo telling me to set up my ereader from a desktop app. I really don't want my library to go through Kobo, I love using Calibre. Could someone please advise me? Do I need to download this app?
Will I then be able to use Calibre? (Apologies in advance if I'm posting in the wrong forum
Cariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:43 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You need to do the device setup, either via WiFi or Kobo desktop. Yes there are ways around that via manually adding entries to the Kobo's database but frankly, why bother.

Once setup is done there should be no issue using calibre.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
Cariad
Cariad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 BC , Samsung Galaxy SII
Thank you Peter T, I will do that, I really appreciate your help
Cariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:48 AM   #4
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I have a Kobo Touch, I never did setup via Wifi or Desktop app and I was able to move books from Calibre to it with no problem. Never have used the Wifi on it and I only downloaded the desktop app to update the software.

Try doing a full on shutdown of the device, reboot it, and plug it into the computer. Calibre should recognize it.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote