Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #316
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Does your DDNS work? Does a PING <DDNS> show you your external IP-address (test). The PING-test is possible from within your LAN!

Have you forwarded port 8080 to <Internal-LAN-IP-address-of-your-Synology> in your router?

Any firewall installed in your Synology?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #317
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yeah, I can ping the DDNS just fine and I forwarded port 8080 to my NASs internal IP.

No firewall in play currently (on the laptop, the NAS, or the server). I live dangerously :P.

I had another app using port 8080 originally but I changed it. I'm wondering if trying another port would get better results. Where can I configure the port that COPS uses? I scanned the files but didn't see anything.
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #318
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
My mistake!

If you like living on the sharp edge of life ... ....

Forward port 8080 to port 80 in your router, or just forward port 80 to port 80 of your Synology.

COPS runs on a webserver. Webservers usually use port 80.

Cops can be reached at http://DDNS/cops
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #319
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, crap, I didn't even think about that.

I'll try it when I get home and report back...thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #320
chrisanthropic
Fiend

... ...

Last edited by chrisanthropic; 01-12-2020 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #321
garax
garax began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
COPS 0.3.2 is out with some changes
Happy testing.
I just wanted to report that COPS 0.3.2 works with no problems (locally and remotely) on my Synology DS-211+, firmware 4.1, manual install.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
garax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #322
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@all

Thanks a lot for the report.

Synology package for 0.3.2 are on the way.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #323
garax

Quote:
@all

Thanks a lot for the report.

Synology package for 0.3.2 are on the way.
Is there any advantage of installing COPS via the Synology package rather than manual install?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #324
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by garax View Post
Is there any advantage of installing COPS via the Synology package rather than manual install?
Nope except it's easier to install if you don't know what you're doing
Old 03-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #325
garax

Quote:
Nope except it's easier to install if you don't know what you're doing
Good to know ;-)

Any recommendation about the ownership of the 'cops' folder?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #326
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by garax View Post
Good to know ;-)

Any recommendation about the ownership of the 'cops' folder?
Well COPS only read files and never write any so any owner will do. I personally use www-data on my debian server. On my synology I've used the user owning most of the samba shares to ease the update of config_local.php
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #327
deksden
deksden began at the beginning.

Device: apple
Is there any proper way to configure access to my COPS catalog on Synology NAS? I want to be able to "login" to browse catalog from my iOS devices! And i want to restrict unauthorized browsing of catalog.

Installed from package (0.3.1-1) on DSM4.2/DS409+.
deksden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #328
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deksden View Post
Is there any proper way to configure access to my COPS catalog on Synology NAS? I want to be able to "login" to browse catalog from my iOS devices! And i want to restrict unauthorized browsing of catalog.

Installed from package (0.3.1-1) on DSM4.2/DS409+.
I'm not sure to fully understand what you're asking.

If you want to enable password protection on your synology, you can uncomment the following lines in your .htaccess :
Code:
###########################################
# Uncomment if you wish to protect access with a password
###########################################
#AuthUserFile /path/to/file
#AuthGroupFile /dev/null
#AuthName "Acces securise"
#AuthType Basic
#Require valid-user
You have to adapt /path/to/file to use a real path.
You can use any online htpasswd generator to build the file (http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/ for example).
Old 03-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #329
vlad59
Addict

Synology package for COPS 0.3.2 is out.

See here for adding the new package repository.

Or here for the package
Old 03-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #330
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Update Epub metadata setting

I used the Epub metadata setting, because I liked the idea of getting the latest metadata displayed instead of the one in the file itself.

Quote:
/*
* Update Epub metadata before download
* 1 : Yes (enable)
* 0 : No
*/
$config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "1";
After a while i noticed that i got a lot of errors trying to download a book. I use Wamp and cops 0.2.3 (latest version). It took me a while to discover that it was this setting that created the error. I set it back to zero and the errors stopped.

For the download i use Marvin / Stanza or Shubook on the ipad. They all gave an error when downloading the book.

Hopefully you can figure out what causes this error.
maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology