Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #91
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
My brother and I got the marware ceo model case at launch and spent some time looking around for stand-style cases that do both portrait and landscape. Neither of us has found anything that seems worth giving up the marware landscape-view-only model because it keeps growing on us. My question is... does anyone have information about non-case stands that might work well with a kindle fire that already has a case?

I think if I ever do replace this marware case it will probably be for one of the several beautiful custom leather case options I've seen posted from Oberon Designs or Joe V.'s store on Etsy, or something like that. I don't think I would go that route unless I had found a good stand option since the really high end leather models don't appear to provide much in the way of stand capability.
I bought this one for my iPad, and it works for the Fire as well. Depending on the thickness of your case, the lip on the stand that holds the device might not be tall enough. I just tested it using the Marware jurni case for the Fire; it holds, but you'd probably want to make sure not to jostle the stand. It works with no problem with the device out of the case.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #92
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
My brother and I got the marware ceo model case at launch and spent some time looking around for stand-style cases that do both portrait and landscape. Neither of us has found anything that seems worth giving up the marware landscape-view-only model because it keeps growing on us. My question is... does anyone have information about non-case stands that might work well with a kindle fire that already has a case?

I think if I ever do replace this marware case it will probably be for one of the several beautiful custom leather case options I've seen posted from Oberon Designs or Joe V.'s store on Etsy, or something like that. I don't think I would go that route unless I had found a good stand option since the really high end leather models don't appear to provide much in the way of stand capability.
See this thread for two good stands that work with the fire.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #93
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I'd still recommend the MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware, I can't get the darn thing off since I got it... Literally, it won't come off! I'd have to pry out the Kindle with something.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #94
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My case came today. I really like it. It doesn't feel too cheap and it looks really nice for $6.99. The Screen protector is all right. I'll probably look for a better one as it's a little too big so it doesn't fit exactly but it does help the glossy part of the Fire. So I need a good anti-glare protector that does fit.

The case is a simple black cover. The Kindle Fire fits into two leather straps at the bottom (not elastic) and two elastic straps at the top. It fits in quite snugly. There is two pockets on the other side which I slid a cleaning cloth in one.

The interior is made of a very soft velvet material. It comes with an elastic band that keeps the case closed. The case feels nice and it doesn't add much weight to the Fire at all.

How long it will last I think depends on how well you take care of your things. For me it will work just fine for what I need.
Is the elastic band attached to the cover or loose? If it's loose, is it a pain.

I'm looking at a Verso cover. It doesn't have a magnetic closure or elastic strap. If I get it I'm thinking I can use a headband to keep it closed.

Also looking at Belkin and Marware.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Is the elastic band attached to the cover or loose? If it's loose, is it a pain.

I'm looking at a Verso cover. It doesn't have a magnetic closure or elastic strap. If I get it I'm thinking I can use a headband to keep it closed.

Also looking at Belkin and Marware.

Carol
Go with something else. They raise the price of the case I got and I don't think it's worth it. $7 yeah I buy it but not more then $10 total. Marware is really nice and so is Belkin.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #96
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Go with something else. They raise the price of the case I got and I don't think it's worth it. $7 yeah I buy it but not more then $10 total. Marware is really nice and so is Belkin.
No I wasn't going to get the one you got. Was just wondering if the elastic strap was attached or not. And if it wasn't attached if it was a pain.

Carol
Old 11-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #97
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
No I wasn't going to get the one you got. Was just wondering if the elastic strap was attached or not. And if it wasn't attached if it was a pain.

Carol
The strap is attached to the inside of the front cover and it stretches over the back of the cover. It's not a pain at all. It works well.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #98
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
The strap is attached to the inside of the front cover and it stretches over the back of the cover. It's not a pain at all. It works well.
Thanks. The verso one I was looking at didn't.have.any elastic strap or magnetic latch to hold it closed. I thought of maybe using a headband to hold it closed but it wouldn't be.attached permanently so I thought maybe it would be a pain.

Carol
Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #99
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks. The verso one I was looking at didn't.have.any elastic strap or magnetic latch to hold it closed. I thought of maybe using a headband to hold it closed but it wouldn't be.attached permanently so I thought maybe it would be a pain.

Carol
I'd love a easel case for the Fire. I've yet to come across any. All flip cases seem to think people use their Fire in landscape mode and it needs a stand. I will probably get another case further down the line. I don't see this one holding up to my one hand holding method.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #100
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
I'd love a easel case for the Fire. I've yet to come across any. All flip cases seem to think people use their Fire in landscape mode and it needs a stand. I will probably get another case further down the line. I don't see this one holding up to my one hand holding method.
I'm using a Navitech one I ordered from Amazon. I hated it when it first came because it feels bulky and cheap, but I actually like it ok now. It has 3 prop positions so yeah, I end up using it horizontally most of the time. It surprises me that I almost prefer that now, even for reading. I pay very little attention to which way the power button faces, btw. The screen orients itself fine in most apps.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #101
baggyrinkle
Early Adoptor
baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle3 Kindle4 Kindle Fire Kindle PW2
My recommendation for a cover is the Marware $44 cover. It works great and now I can hold my Fire without it slipping away. Converts into a landscape stand easily. The construction is excellent quality leather. The elastic band on the back fits my hand just right. I know everyone is talking about the cheaper covers, but believe me this one is well worth the money. As for stand alone stand I bought this one for $12. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details An excellent all purpose stand that works with my Fire and my other two kindles. I think you really get what you pay for when it comes to these items.
baggyrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #102
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I'm using a Navitech one I ordered from Amazon. I hated it when it first came because it feels bulky and cheap, but I actually like it ok now. It has 3 prop positions so yeah, I end up using it horizontally most of the time. It surprises me that I almost prefer that now, even for reading. I pay very little attention to which way the power button faces, btw. The screen orients itself fine in most apps.
I only use horizontal when posting on a forum other wise I use portrait mode with one hand so I need a case that flips back and I've yet to find one that does like the Eco-Flip case I own.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #103
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Anyone looked at a rooCASE Executive Portfolio?

Last edited by wizwor; 11-27-2011 at 11:00 PM.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:31 AM   #104
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I got the M-Edge Incline Jacket since they were on sale for 50% off when I got my Fire. I'm not crazy about red, and would greatly prefer something in black. It seems like a decent case, but I haven't stuck my Fire in it yet, kind of waiting to see if I want to keep it or not.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:41 AM   #105
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
If you go with a sleeve there are some options you may not be aware of. I don't think I saw these in this thread. You might want to look into a protective skin from Decal Girl (http://www.decalgirl.com/category.vi...dle-Fire-Skins) or GelaSkins (http://www.gelaskins.com/store/table...n/Most_Popular). You can apply the back and the front or the back only, the choice is yours. I think with the Fire the back only option would look best. I have Decal Girl skins on a couple of my other tablets with the Matte finish and they not only eliminate fingerprints, but provide excellent protection as well. I didn't go for anything flashy (I went with black) and it blends right in with the tablet. They do take a little patience to install, but if you take your time they turn out real nice and provide excellent protection. I think they are well worth the price and effort.
Wow I'm loving the gelaskins... especially the fact that i can create a custom skin for just $15.00. Even though my case in practical usage never gets removed, I'm temped!
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote