Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Sharing by email failure - SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)

I have a problem with sharing by email as well.

When i try send a test email (from preferences screen) to my personal email account everything is ok.
but when i send to my @free.kindle.com i get the following error:

Quote:
ERROR: Failed to email book: <b>Failed</b>: Email Robinson Crusoe to .......@free.kindle.com

Email Robinson Crusoe to .......@free.kindle.com

Sending failed...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 117, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 171, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 91, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 83, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)

Retrying in 1 seconds...

Sending failed...
IOError: Failed to send mail: SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)

Last edited by Starko; 02-02-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That's weird. Can you still send mail to your personal account, or does this affect both the kindle and the personal account? If not, is this behaviour reproducible (as in happens everytime you try the kindle account)? Did you change any settings apart from the destination email address? What SMTP settings are you using?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:24 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
When i try send a test email (from preferences screen) to my personal email account everything is ok.
but when i send to my @free.kindle.com i get the following error:
Did you put the mail account your ending from as a authorized account for amazon to process?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Did you put the mail account your ending from as a authorized account for amazon to process?
yes. double and triple checked.

i got the same error message when i tried to email to a regular email account:
Quote:
---------------------------
ERROR: Failed to email book: <b>Failed</b>:

Sending failed...

Retrying in 1 seconds...

Last edited by Starko; 02-02-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Did you change any settings apart from the destination email address? What SMTP settings are you using?
Okay, I'll just quote myself here.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
Starko
Zealot

my apologies for "hijacking the thread". i will start a new one
Old 02-03-2011, 03:15 AM   #7
Starko
Zealot

Sharing by email failure - SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)

When i attempt to send a book to my @free.kindle.com i get the following error:

Quote:
ERROR: Failed to email book: <b>Failed</b>: Email Robinson Crusoe to .......@free.kindle.com

Email Robinson Crusoe to .......@free.kindle.com

Sending failed...
I get exactly the same message when i try to send a book to my personal email address. "Allowed senders" on amazon kindle account are properly configured. this behaviour is reproducible

I have not filled in any SMPT information because when i try send a Test email (from preferences screen) to my personal email account everything is ok. So i assumed i don't need any configuring
Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard

I moved the relevant posts from the other thread in here.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #9
Starko
Zealot

i changed this:
- added another "allowed sender" to kindle configuration on amazon and use that address in Calibre.
- configured host and user in Calibre

it works now. One of the two apparently did the trick.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #10
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
- configured host and user in Calibre
Well, if you don't configure things, they won't work. You might have said that earlier in the other thread, then your issue could have been solved faster... (That was actually part of the information I was asking you for.)