Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: SONY Touch PRS-650, Nook HD, Kobo H2O Kobo Aura ONE LE
Error Message and Taking forever to transfer to Nook HD

ok, i set up my nook HD and plugged it into calibre with the newest updates and transfered one of my books from my computer to it and it worked.

however, it was listed in my files so i clicked remove from device and tried to resend it, only i got the folowing error:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.11
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to create folder: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 551, in _upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 400, in upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 376, in ensure_parent
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 33, in check_thread
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 381, in create_folder
WPDError: Failed to create folder: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error
i disconnected my nook and reconnected, same error. i went to configure device and changed the
Code:
{title}-{author}
to
Code:
{series} - {series_index} - {title}
and tried to resend again and while i don't get an error anymore, it's taking forever to send the file (24 minutes so far) is there a way to abort the transfer without causing harm to the device?

and while i'm asking, is there a way to make my sideloaded files show up in my library and not my files? and is there a way to automatically make series the default organizer instead of manually sending to different shelves like the SONY does into collections?

Last edited by Rika24; 12-25-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Reboot your Nook and your computer.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: SONY Touch PRS-650, Nook HD, Kobo H2O Kobo Aura ONE LE
thanks it worked! but is there a way to sort the sideloaded books by series? like Harry Potter fanfiction on one shelf while Naruto fanfiction is on another without having to do it manually?

i've gotten used to it being automatic on my SONY by editing tags and series in calibre, is that at all possible with the nook HD?
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, it isn't.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, nook hd, series sort, shelves, troubleshooting