Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 02:19 AM   #31
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
According to my eyes, the second picture also shows a big green spot in the middle of the screen. Both screens look good enough for me to read on though. Could be different in real life.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 AM   #32
mobilewilier
Connoisseur
mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
According to my eyes, the second picture also shows a big green spot in the middle of the screen. Both screens look good enough for me to read on though. Could be different in real life.
The second one looks far worse in the photo than it does in real life (although i can see the mild color transition in real life, it's more gradual and therefore less of a distraction).
mobilewilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #33
Tireiron
Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Kindle Paperwhite
I've had 4 kindle Paperwhites, all with this defect. It seems they are trying to bring back the old Reading Rainbow with this one.

I'm sorry but I could not settle with this distracting screen. I actually red 67% of Moby Dick on it until I could'nt take any more.

I have had: 1 from Staples, 1 from Best Buy, 2 from Amazon. I give up. I am returning them all today and purchasing a Kobo Glo which has none of this color blotching effect. Good thing i'm not too entrenched in the Amazon ecosystem.

I feel like the more people who settle with an inferior product like this, the worse quality control we will have in the future with these devices. People need to speak out to Amazon so they can fix the problem.
Tireiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #34
gosmo
gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I gave up exchanging, my first two had pink clouds. This third replacement has a large darker blue area in the center, almost like the Amazon message pictures. It's not even like Amazon led me to believe when I first ordered it, but I decided to keep it because I was tired of the exchanging. If you have a pink spot I would not hesitate to exchange. Call Amazon even if it were a gift, they seem to be standing by their product and the worst they can tell you is no.
gosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #35
BakaTensai
BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosmo View Post
I gave up exchanging, my first two had pink clouds. This third replacement has a large darker blue area in the center, almost like the Amazon message pictures. It's not even like Amazon led me to believe when I first ordered it, but I decided to keep it because I was tired of the exchanging. If you have a pink spot I would not hesitate to exchange. Call Amazon even if it were a gift, they seem to be standing by their product and the worst they can tell you is no.
That is really discouraging but I agree I should probably exchange it. I really hate doing that
BakaTensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #36
Tireiron
Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Kindle Paperwhite
Don't' sweat it. Your Kindle in under a year warranty and they will send you a replacement in 2 days.

I bought mine at Staples and the colors didn't appear until after the exchange policy window and Amazon still honored the warranty.

If you don't ever get a good paperwhite, try looking into the kobo glo. The screen has no color whatsoever.
Tireiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #37
BakaTensai
BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BakaTensai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireiron View Post
Don't' sweat it. Your Kindle in under a year warranty and they will send you a replacement in 2 days.

I bought mine at Staples and the colors didn't appear until after the exchange policy window and Amazon still honored the warranty.

If you don't ever get a good paperwhite, try looking into the kobo glo. The screen has no color whatsoever.
OK, so I just checked out the kobo glo. You're right, there is no discoloration and very little unevenness on that device, although the overall color was pretty blue. I didn't mind the device but I think that I prefer the software and hardware (minus the screen) on the paperwhite. I guess I'm going to try for a replacement, but I hope that I don't just get a refurb.
BakaTensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #38
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Good luck, BakaTensai.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #39
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Egad, the colors can appear later? (I've had my PW for six days, and no issues yet; fingers crossed).
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #40
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Egad, the colors can appear later? (I've had my PW for six days, and no issues yet; fingers crossed).
They can; it happened to the second one I received.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #41
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
I feel like the more people who settle with an inferior product like this, the worse quality control we will have in the future with these devices. People need to speak out to Amazon so they can fix the problem.
Yes settling is not doing anyone any favors. Thats been my logic all along at least as far as the Northern Light enhanced screens.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote