Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #16
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I have never made a scone, but I love to eat them. Do you want to share the recipe or is it a family secret?
Kaz
I'll gladly share the recipe (it's actually not too far off the one I linked to in another thread - I took that as a base and experimented til I got the taste right (any family recipes that have been passed down are, ummm, very vague to say the least - neither my nanna or my mum were/are fans of things like measurements and precise cooking times(*)) - but it won't be til tomorrow now.

(* True story - I once called my mum after I'd moved out to ask how long to bake jacket potatoes for, and what sort of temperature. Her answer "fairly hot and until they're done" And she was being serious too )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #17
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I just heard that Faith No More (One of my all time favourite bands) are reforming! Reason alone to celebrate
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #18
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Congratulations to both you (Kaz) and to your daughter. Very few make it through in four years any more.

My celebration is that two projects I have been working on successfully finished this week and my 16 hour days can go back to the normal 10. I plan on celebrating by doing no work at all tomorrow and having a wonderful dinner this Sunday with my wife and her parents for Mother's Day. They are both 86 and we treasure every moment with them. (Mine passed on many years ago.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #19
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I just got a new bicycle, and it's rather nice.

Sadly, all but 2 of the dozen dogs loose in my neighborhood have marked their territory on it. I guess this proves that a ten's peed bike really stinks.

I love to hear when "big" people get new toys.

Did you get it for exercise, racing, leisure enjoyment?

Uh, how do you know that precisely 2 of the neighborhood dogs failed to lay territorial claim on your new wheels? Was the pee party invitation only?

ha, that was a cute funny.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #20
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Congratulations to both you (Kaz) and to your daughter. Very few make it through in four years any more.

My celebration is that two projects I have been working on successfully finished this week and my 16 hour days can go back to the normal 10. I plan on celebrating by doing no work at all tomorrow and having a wonderful dinner this Sunday with my wife and her parents for Mother's Day. They are both 86 and we treasure every moment with them. (Mine passed on many years ago.)
Congrats on the successful completion of your projects. I'm sure it's very satisfying to have that work and the longer days behind you.

No work tomorrow sounds great and the dinner for Mothers' Day is surely something to look forward to. (Both of my husband's parents and my own father passed away many years ago, but my mother, who is 85+ has been living with us for about 15 years now. And I too treasure every moment with her.) Have a great visit with the family. Enjoying time with family is always something to celebrate.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #21
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
My celebration is that two projects I have been working on successfully finished this week and my 16 hour days can go back to the normal 10. I plan on celebrating by doing no work at all tomorrow ...
Oh, this is a great thing to celebrate! I've been on a big conversion project at work for that last 2-1/2 years and it wraps up in 30-days-and-counting. I will be so glad to see it finished! I don't think I've managed to average 16-hour days yet, thank god...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:54 AM   #22
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
That's excellent news!! Congrats to your daughter and her brilliant parent!

Since you are a teacher, perhaps you can appreciate my news: I am moving from my current classroom position into a counselor position As a trained school psychologist who went back into the classroom, I'm super excited about the change in scenery. I will have many years before I can post about a child graduating, since my oldest is just in 3rd grade.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:10 AM   #23
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
My local library has just finished its refurbishment, and is now even more fabulous than it was before.
It looks like being a sunny weekend, I'm not on call and have no commitments.
Work is currently under control.
Recently discovered some new beautiful woodland walks near my house, the bluebells are stunning this year.
And everything I'm looking forward to is a day closer than it was yesterday.

P.S. England beat the West Indies at cricket yesterday.

Last edited by Sparrow; 05-09-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:21 AM   #24
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
What a wonderful bunch of celebrations - congrats to everyone.

I will celebrate that I have tickets to see the new West End production of Waiting For Godot with Ian Mckellen and Patrick Stewart - can't wait!!!!

(lol how shallow am I lol)
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:26 AM   #25
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
I will celebrate that I have tickets to see the new West End production of Waiting For Godot with Ian Mckellen and Patrick Stewart - can't wait!!!!
You're waiting for Waiting for Godot.

Two great actors, I hope you have a great time.

Would love to read a review of what you thought of it (pretty please).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:47 AM   #26
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
You're waiting for Waiting for Godot.
LOL very good - I like that

Have tickets for July 5th and will certainly say what I thought of it
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
(* True story - I once called my mum after I'd moved out to ask how long to bake jacket potatoes for, and what sort of temperature. Her answer "fairly hot and until they're done" And she was being serious too )
my cousin told me the story of when her new sister-in-law wanted to teach her the "proper" way to make a cake for her new husband. "to start with, i take the cakebowl, and i put the flour in up to the crack in the side..."

Quote:
ouf ! what a relief to be able to relax ! congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
My local library has just finished its refurbishment, and is now even more fabulous than it was before.
It looks like being a sunny weekend, I'm not on call and have no commitments.
Work is currently under control.
Recently discovered some new beautiful woodland walks near my house, the bluebells are stunning this year.
And everything I'm looking forward to is a day closer than it was yesterday.

P.S. England beat the West Indies at cricket yesterday.
those are lovely things to celebrate, sparrow.

Quote:

i would want to celebrate something like that too. i'm also looking forward to hearing about the show, after !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #28
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:

My aforementioned daughter LOVES Patrick Stewart! She will be completely jealous when I tell her. Have a great time and don't get to antsy waiting!!

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #29
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Stewart and McKellan in the same play? My head would explode with joy if I got to watch that
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #30
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
That's excellent news!! Congrats to your daughter and her brilliant parent!

Since you are a teacher, perhaps you can appreciate my news: I am moving from my current classroom position into a counselor position As a trained school psychologist who went back into the classroom, I'm super excited about the change in scenery. I will have many years before I can post about a child graduating, since my oldest is just in 3rd grade.
There will be MANY milestones to celebrate as your children grow and each one will be just as wonderful as my daughter's. I actually have 2 children in college and 1 in second grade (technically you could call her an oops! , but we call her a blessing ). She is suppossed to be my "do-over", but I'm not sure that's working out the way I had thought it would. Anyway, enjoy each moment, they go by so quickly! Oh, no! I think that whole empty nesting thing might be starting!! I'm getting way too sentimental!!

By the way, all the teachers at my school would come to me for tech help because I had a degree in Comp Sci before I became a teacher! If you need help with your IEP just let me know!!

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote