Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
New kindle owner

Just received my Kindle yesterday - love the idea of the e-book reader, not sure about the Kindle yet. My second choice would probably be Cy-book or Jet-book. Would love feedback from users of both.

Also, can someone give me the process for putting music on my Kindle? Does it use mp3 or mp4 files and is the output worth the effort or should I just stick with carrying around both my Kindle and my ipod?

Cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hi and welcome to the forum! Check the eBooks link in the blue bar above. Loads and loads of free ebooks (out of copyright stuff) that has been lovingly proof read and formatted, sometimes better than when you pay for the same item. Mobipocket format is what works with the Kindle.

Music: mp3's work. Put the files on an SD card in a folder called "music" (or maybe it was "sound" ....). You'll probably want your iPod. You can't control the order of songs played on the Kindle. And besides, it chews up the battery faster.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Leep and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Welcome to the madness. You think you came here for info on your new toy, but you will end up discussing squirrels, cats, mahogany desks, and the love life of robots.

btw, I haven't tried putting music on my Kindle. I thought that the battery function would be too degraded by that sort of thing, so can't help much there.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings Leep!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hey there, Leep. This Kindle owner is waving at you to welcome you to MobileRead. You'll find all kinds of cool info, excellently formatting eBooks, and nice people here. I don't have any music on my Kindle. The only MP3 files I'd want on it would be audio book tracks ripped from my CDs -- but without support for a playlist, I haven't pursued it at all. After all, I'm pretty sure that hearing the tracks in a random order wouldn't convey a meaningful plot line!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I don't know, random order might improve the plots of some of the books I've read.

Hmmm, maybe I need to start reading better books!!!
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #8
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Hi Leep

2 posts so far, I guess that you got the Kindle charged, a few books downloaded, and are reading rather than posting. Smart move.

After a few days of using the Kindle please give us your impressions -- good and bad. We would love to hear from you about it.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, music