Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
SixPak
SixPak began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Help!! PE Ermine 0.9, Ver. 2.2.1

I am a new Pocet eDGe owner. I have updated from Dingo to Ermine & downloaded the Amazon App Store. But when I try to download an app, NO GO. Also can not view YouTube. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks from down on the bayou in Cajun Land.

Last edited by SixPak; 11-14-2011 at 08:22 PM.
SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Not all apps work on all units so you have to try and see. Sometimes older versions work on older units so you might snoop around.

Runs in my mind there is a youtube app on the edge. You can't run youtube in a browser I don't think.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
SixPak

Thanks
Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
Not all apps work on all units so you have to try and see. Sometimes older versions work on older units so you might snoop around.

Runs in my mind there is a youtube app on the edge. You can't run youtube in a browser I don't think.

If you have Ermine installed, you can launch YouTube videos directly using Dolphin, Miren, or xScope browser.

As far as Apps go, many Apps will try to install to an external SD card which the Edge does not support without rooting. Some Apps may require full Flash which the Edge does not support either. A good place to look for older (and newer) versions of Apps is:

www.freewarelovers.com

Check out my Resource Sticky (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878) and the Android Apps on the Edge Sticky (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76122) which contain links to many excellent Apps which will work with the Edge.

The Entourage Archive (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=242) will also lead you to many excellent Apps.

Also, searching this forum will also help you find Apps which are known to work with the Edge.

Good luck and have fun.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:18 AM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome!

You did check the box to allow applications from unknown sources, didn't you? If not, you'll have trouble!

Sometimes the simplest things can trip people up . . . good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Welcome!

You did check the box to allow applications from unknown sources, didn't you? If not, you'll have trouble!

Sometimes the simplest things can trip people up . . . good luck!

So true. In case SixPak is wondering, Settings --> Applications, and check the Unknown sources box.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
SixPak

Thanks guys & gals. I have made some headway. I have been able to download my 1st book! And if I go to www.youtube.com I can watch youtube videos, the tube & youtube icons don't work. I have not tried Dolphin, Miren, or xScope browser yet. Just not enough time in a day. What is the difference between email & Froyer email??? YOU GUYS (and that includes females) are great! Thanks from OnTheBayouMan