Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
DD1509
Enthusiast
DD1509 doesn't litterDD1509 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Nook light - pic of light in a case???

Hi all,

I swear I have seen a pic of the Nook in a case with a "spine-based" light which appeared to be usable snapped into the spine or it articulates out of the spine. Does anyone have a link to this?

Thx DD
DD1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
I've only seen it in one of their videos.

Here is the store page for it:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Lyra...?cds2Pid=30255
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
This one? It's listed as "coming soon".

ETA: gotta improve my typing speed
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
siskiyousummit
siskiyousummit began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, possibly Sony 600
I'm very interested in getting this case. Could someone from B&N please post an expected availability date and price?
siskiyousummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
DD1509
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
This one? It's listed as "coming soon".

ETA: gotta improve my typing speed
Yes, that is the one I saw. Thanks for finding it.

We are close. I am in Belmont, near San Mateo.

DD
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
DD1509
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
I've only seen it in one of their videos.

Here is the store page for it:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Lyra...?cds2Pid=30255
Thank you for the link as well.

DD
Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
avwh
avwh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Glad I saw this; like it much better than the clip-on light I'd seen elsewhere on the B&N site (and hadn't seen this one).
avwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
DD1509
Enthusiast

I guess the proof will be in the pudding, so-to-speak. I am not overly confident it will be a very good light from the pics I have seen. While it may be conveniently placed in the cover, it does not seem to be in a great location to deliver good, consistent lighting and then you still have to deal with the wand being in the way or causing glare, etc.

DD
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 PM   #9
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
I have yet to find any book light that can provide even, consistent lighting on an e-ink screen. I'm pretty happy with my lightwedge cover, but even that's imperfect. It's impossible to know if this light will be better than the competition or just another bright LED that bounces off the screen and doesn't reach the corners. Bah.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #10
tessnpink
tessnpink began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
they do but it is not out yet. You cant get it or backorder it. If you want to look at it, you have to search under nook case with light and you can see the pictures, but they dont have for you to buy because they havent priced them yet. They want to have the designer ones sold up first. I have a feeling it will be expensive
tessnpink is offline   Reply With Quote