Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Free on Kindle: God Ain't Blind

Here's another one - Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B002KS3ARU

Product Description

In this gripping, unforgettable new novel by New York Times bestselling author Mary Monroe, forever friends Annette Goode Davis and Rhoda O'Toole are about to learn that even the rockiest relationships can survive just about anything-as long as you're there for each other when it matters most. . .
Annette Goode Davis is a survivor, and while life's obstacles have often knocked her down, she's never let them keep her there for long. To Annette, life is all about family and old friends like Rhoda O'Toole. And right now, Annette needs all the friends she can get. . .because her marriage is in big trouble, and she has no idea why. . .

Lately, her husband Pee Wee barely has the time of day for Annette and she suspects he may have fallen for another woman. Desperate to regain his affections, Annette goes on a crash diet, gets a total makeover, and looks hotter than she has for a long, long time. Everyone notices-everyone except Pee Wee.

Annette is ripe for the picking when she meets Louis Baines, a handsome young caterer who showers her with attention. Soon, Annette is embroiled in a full blown affair and spending money on Louis like there's no tomorrow. But when Annette learns a terrible secret about her new lover, she realizes she's in way over her head. Her life crumbling down around her, Annette turns to the only person she knows she can trust: Rhoda.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
nevermind, no opinions to read here.

Last edited by PhishStyx; 08-24-2009 at 09:27 PM.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Normally, I take a chance on freebies...but with a character named Pee Wee? Sorry. No can do.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just post what I find...

you can choose to ignore or download. Actually it sounds pretty good to me - but then I have an open mind.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Heck, if it is free it is worth the download and trying it if you ask me. What do you have to loose
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
one man's garbage is another man's treasure
don't throw the baby out with the bath water

lol

I downloaded but might forget to read..
I've got so many on my ipod touch.. ack!!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Sounds as though she stole a plot from Harlequin.

PS. I appreciate that you bother posting these, but I'm guessing they won't be able to sell this through normal advertising.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Opinions disallowed unless they're politically correct.

Last edited by PhishStyx; 08-24-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There are too many books and not enough time. If the description doesn't sound all that wonderful to someone, why bother?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
PhishStyx
The me that I am

Thank you for making MY opinions so very welcome.

Last edited by PhishStyx; 08-24-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
You kidding? I don't have time to read the books I already have!
No, I'm not kidding. Why would you want to read a book where the description doesn't sound like you'd enjoy?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #12
PhishStyx
The me that I am

Old 08-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
chilady1
I devour books!

Answer to PhishStyx

Here's what gets me about your awful comment: this is forum where people who have a love of E-readers can post information. So many folks on this forum have posted free reads for others to share, very rarely have I seen people comment on how awful the book sounds. I personally thank everyone who has posted something free or at low costs. We all have a choice, download it and thank someone, or simply ignore it because it is not for us.

When Hostile Intent was posted by texasnightowl, no one talked about how awful that book sounded. Personally based on the description I am not all that interested in the book, but I certainly would not go as far to say it sounds awful based on just reading the synopsis. Different people, different taste. I would rather someone just say THANKS for the information and move on. I didn't require or ask for commentary based on the book description. Just wanted to make the information available to others, that's it in a nutshell.

And for the record: I am smart and humble! Thanks for pointing that out!

Last edited by chilady1; 08-24-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old 08-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Different people, different taste. I would rather someone just say THANKS for the information and move on. I didn't require or ask for commentary based on the book description. Just wanted to make the information available to others, that's it in a nutshell.
Yep, very reasonable imho.

I don't have a Kindle, and this synopsis doesn't sound like my type of thing - but I still appreciate you taking the trouble to let those who might be interested know about it. It's contributions like this that help make MobileRead such a great site!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
PhishStyx
The me that I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post

And for the record: I am smart and humble! Thanks for pointing that out!
YOUR opinions are more important than mine, got it thanks.