Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #35026
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Not good. I hope they pass.
Thanks. All it took was a good cup of tea... or perhaps I should say, a cup of good tea!

Quote:
My brother is here for the weekend. He is in the middle of a divorce so not so much fun.
Having been through a few of them myself, let me assure him that they too shall pass. As Robin Williams says; "Divorce is a woman's way to cut off a man's testicles through his wallet." After my second divorce, I reach a point where, when I'd meet a new woman I was interested in, I'd just hand her the keys to my house and my car to save myself court costs...

As Fbone just posted in the joke thread:
Mr Clark, I have reviewed this case very carefully," the divorce Court Judge said,
"And I've decided to give your wife $775 a week"
"That's very fair, your Honor," the husband said. "And every now and then I'll try to send her a few bucks myself."

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #35027
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I live in the EU and I consider it a country.
Enjoy the turkey everyone in the US, happy thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
You could just tell us something about where you live (doesn't have to include the "where" -- maybe just the country you're in, or something). We love to travel vicariously by finding out what your country is like!
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #35028
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I donated blood yesterday and now my arm is hurting, especially when bending it. Last time everything went okay, I felt a little light headed afterwards but that might also be because it was really hot that day. Yesterday they couldn't find the vein and had to poke around a bit to find it. The puncture is bigger than the last time and there's a bruise forming around it. Next time I'm going to see if the vein in my right arm is more easily found.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:49 AM   #35029
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I donated blood yesterday and now my arm is hurting, especially when bending it. Last time everything went okay, I felt a little light headed afterwards but that might also be because it was really hot that day. Yesterday they couldn't find the vein and had to poke around a bit to find it. The puncture is bigger than the last time and there's a bruise forming around it. Next time I'm going to see if the vein in my right arm is more easily found.
I found it varies from time to time. Sometimes a bruise and sometimes not. The skill of the person doing the insertion also affects it, I think.

Well done for donating. I've been donating for 29 years or so. It'll be my 50th donation next time.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:46 AM   #35030
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm trying to figure out how this happened...

I've set my wallpapers to my liking. The Google background is exactly the one that I picked, both for my I-Google home screen and my Gmail 'secondary' account. But today, when checking that Gmail account, it opened with a completely different photo background.

I'm not complaining. This is a photo of the road up the Grossglockner, the highest mountain of Austria and the highest mountain in the Alps east of the Brenner Pass. We raced up in clear dry weather (and came down verrrrry, verrrrry slowly in pea soup fog...) as a group of 8 motorcycles when touring in the area. It's a road (and experience) that one NEVER forgets...

But I have absolutely no idea how it came to show up on my computer as a background to my Gmail account!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grossglockner1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	96635  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #35031
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I'm trying to figure out why my Amazon cloud player app on my kindle fire won't update with my latest purchases. it's quite frustrating.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #35032
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Excellent game.
I agree. There are many levels of awesome in this game, from the story to the graphic details to the characters. There are so many little things I have discovered by accident - like using the monorail to get from the Embassy to McCarran. My first courier is pro-NCR so that's been helpful a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Have you tried Borderlands 2 yet? I'm waiting with bated breath for the second DLC in the game to be released today (6pm, cross fingers). Can't recommend the game highly enough.
No, but I just checked out the site for it. Looks interesting. Thanks for the rec!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #35033
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Watching my cold pizza and pondering about its immediate doom after a sojourn in my microwave oven ...
Old 11-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #35034
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
OK - stumbled away from the table, put leftovers into Tupperware, filled the dishwasher, now onto the recliner for some tryptophan induced comatose TV viewing .... Life doesn't get much better than this.

[For all non-USA members - see the Happy Thanksgiving thread for clarification.]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:07 AM   #35035
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Finished work late, about to eat then a bit of relaxing before hitting the hay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I read that post, then checked your location to see you were in the US states of either Colorado or Washington.
Quote:
You're way off the mark dude!
Unless you are being sarcastic (in which case I did not get it)
I live in the EU but I won't say where and you'll never find out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
He's referencing the fact that marijuana was just legalized for recreational use in those two states.
Quote:
So he was sarcastic ...
Wait a minute do I look like a guy that smokes dope ? That would be ironic considering I've never even smoked tobacco in my whole life!
It was an off-the-wall play on the words, "hitting the hay."
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #35036
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Right now I'm eating a sandwich. I don't have to tell my fellow citizens what kind. They know.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #35037
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
heheh I brought lasagne to work today. The Hubby made a practice bird last Friday so I have been eating turkey for a full week now. So not getting turkey at dinner tonight.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #35038
Quexos
Member Retired

Anybody noticed how this thread feels like twitter with people saying what they are doing at any given time of the day ?
Like right now I'm about to start my week-end

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Right now I'm eating a sandwich. I don't have to tell my fellow citizens what kind. They know.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #35039
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
My arm hurts for a day or so every time I donate blood for some reason. I always seems to give from my right arm, perhaps I should try the left next time. They always have a bit of trouble finding my veins.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #35040
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
My arm hurts for a day or so every time I donate blood for some reason. I always seems to give from my right arm, perhaps I should try the left next time. They always have a bit of trouble finding my veins.
Last time (the first time) I had a blue fingertip from the quick test the doctor did during the check-up but I didn't have any problems around the puncture from the blood donation. They did say, both times, that the vein was very deep but the first time they found it right away. Next time, if I remember it, I'll see if my right arm is easier.

On the plus side: my father has told me not to do any heavy lifting for a couple of days. I'm glad I don't have to lug the boxes of shipments to the place where I check and tag them because they're not only heavy but also big and unwieldy.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?