Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 01:13 AM   #31
karinc
Enthusiast
karinc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hi folks. I talked to support and he got me to do what I had done before (I thought) but perhaps it was the order in which I did the steps, or the phase of the moon... but anyhoo we got the Mac version to work. I tossed the app from the application folder and then tossed the Sony stuff from the Library and from the Preferences. Then I reinstalled and it seems to work now. I'm not going to use the Adobe software (still can't get that to "see" the Reader anyway), but I'll let everyone know in case you need to know that version 3 WILL work with the files you download from the (public) library. You just have to say "YES" when the Sony Library prompts you to make the file association with .epub files. Then you download the files you have checked out from the (public) library, and when you double-click on them the Sony software opens them up. ;0)
karinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #32
brad72la
brad72la began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi JSWolf, thanks for the tip of running the eBook Library 3.0 on Windows 7. I couldn't make the software until I run into your tip. Thanks.
brad72la is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #33
colopaka
colopaka began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
I wont restate what has already been said...just sit here and scream as I can not get 2.5 or 3.0 to install on my XP machine...2.5 runs on Vista but only sorta as it doesnt work right...and well Vista 64...argh. If anyone has any new ideas it would be so greatly appreciated.
colopaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #34
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Cannot synch

I am not able to synch my 300 Reader with the Ebook Library software. It seems to work ok on the books I have purchased, but when I try to synch the other books I have, mostly EPUB books from Feedbooks, it just hangs, with the little arrows spinning and spinning. Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution? Thank you.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #35
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncoyote View Post
I am not able to synch my 300 Reader with the Ebook Library software. It seems to work ok on the books I have purchased, but when I try to synch the other books I have, mostly EPUB books from Feedbooks, it just hangs, with the little arrows spinning and spinning. Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution? Thank you.
Well, I have somehow resolved my problem (if only they were all this easy!). I tried opening each book in my library with the ebook library software, and found one which said it was corrupted, so I deleted it. Synch seems to work fine now - I'm very happy! The other thing I did - don't know if it was involved - was I closed the Calibre program (also on the task bar) before connecting my Reader.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #36
kelli
kelli began at the beginning.

Sony 505 new download problems

I purchase 3 new books from the sony shop last night and when I went to download them I got an error 3-007 (or something like that). I had just downloaded the new software right before that. If I uninstall the new software to re-install the old software, how can I make sure that I don't lose my library of books that I've already purchased.
kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:41 AM   #37
karinc
Enthusiast
karinc began at the beginning.

Here's the info I got from support:

1. Click the Start button and click Computer .
2. In the address bar, type C:\programdata and press Enter .
3. In the ProgramData window, right-click the kinoma folder and click Delete .
4. Right-click the Marlin folder and click Delete .
5. In the address bar, click Local Disk C: , then open the Program Files folder.
6. In the Program Files window, open the Sony folder.
7. In the Sony window, right-click the Reader folder and click Delete .
8. In the address bar, click Local Disk C: , then open the Users folder.
9. In the Users window, open your username folder.
10. In the username folder, open the AppData folder.
11. In the AppData window, open the Local folder.
12. In the Local folder, right-click the kinoma folder and click Delete .
13. In the Local window, open the Sony Corporation folder.
14. In the Sony Corporation window, right-click the eBook Library folder and click Delete .
15. Close the Reader window and install the Reader software.

1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel .
2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance .
3. In the System Maintenance window, click System .
4. In the System window, under Tasks , click Advanced system settings .
5. In the User Account Control window, click the Continue button.
6. In the System Properties window, on the Advanced tab, in the Performance box, click the Settings button.
7. In the Performance Options window, click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
8. On the Data Execution Prevention tab, click the Add... button.

NOTE: If the Add... button is not selectable, Data Execution Prevention is configured for essential Windows programs only and no further changes to Data Execution Prevention are necessary.
9. In the Open window, next to Look in: , click the drop-down arrow and click to select Local Disk C:\
10. In the selection box, click to select the Program Files folder.
11. In the selection box, click to select the Sony folder.
12. In the selection box, click to select the Reader folder.
13. In the selection box, click to select eBook Library and click the Open button.
14. In the Performance Options window, click to the OK button.

Last edited by karinc; 10-30-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: killing a smilie
karinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #38
LadyLou
Enthusiast
LadyLou doesn't litterLadyLou doesn't litter

Device: Sony Touch
This problem is still occuring - I have been trying for over a week to get the software to download and install and then OPEN - have done all of the above - given to me this week by Sony - only thing I notice was that I had no 'Marlin' file to delete.

I have even done the drastic re-format and total clean re-install of Vista and this still happens. Has anyone ever asked Sony for a refund?

Incidentally, I bought one of the first Walkman MP3 players and Sony had great problems with their software then, first Music Match, much updated and then tossed for Sonic. This device still works today but I use i tunes. Having tried to find a docking device for the Sony Walkman, it is amazing to find that the only device manufactured by Sony is for the I pod!!
LadyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #39
capnttom
capnttom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I've given up on the Sony; going back to my old Kindle until I decide what the next step is. I really like the hardware, but the software is so poor that it renders the hardware useless. I really thought that 3.1 would fix many of the problems, but in many respects it made things worse. Damn shame.
capnttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #40
Kikazaru22
Kikazaru22 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader touch prs-600
I just got my sony ereader touch 4 days ago, and just lastnite encounterd the same problem you have. I am trying to uninstall the program but it won't let me. This is turning into a frustrating hassle. I have read that it is an adobe issue.. and who knows when they will have a fix. Is there anything I can try... Thanks! Kika.
Kikazaru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #41
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
Kikazaru, delete the directory, or do a system restore. Unless you have a reason to use Sony Library particularly, switch to Calibre. All together better in my opinion.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot purchase eBooks or get the free ones from Sony without Reader Library.

It's not eBook Library BTW, it's Reader Library (so this thread can be found on a search for Reader Library).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #43
Kikazaru22
Kikazaru22 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader touch prs-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorino View Post
Kikazaru, delete the directory, or do a system restore. Unless you have a reason to use Sony Library particularly, switch to Calibre. All together better in my opinion.
Thank you!
Kikazaru22 is offline   Reply With Quote