Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
BookBunny
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏'\(⊙ ヮ⊙ )
BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo™
My product number is N613-KBO-B, serial 613B2C. Blue
BookBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #17
luigizanotti
luigizanotti began at the beginning.

Device: 2x Kobo Glo, Kindle PaperWhite, Sony PRS-T1
Okay, back from home with the data of the yellowish-light Glo.

Product No: N613-KBO-P
Serial: 613B2B...

S/N or product n doesn't appear to discriminate.
luigizanotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I am now temporarily in possession of two Gloes, one with blue lighting, the other with yellow. The one difference I noticed on the outside was the layout of the bottom of the device (the printing next to the µUSB socket). See attached pics. The top bottom! device is the one with yellow lighting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yellow.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	103490   Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	103492  

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 03-26-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #19
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
My first Glo was more bluish, its replacement (for a broken light button) is slightly yellowish and I love it. The bottom of my replacement device looks like the bottom device in your photo, Mrs_Often.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
My first Glo was more bluish, its replacement (for a broken light button) is slightly yellowish and I love it.
Me too!! It's so delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
The bottom of my replacement device looks like the bottom device in your photo, Mrs_Often.
Hah weird. Hm.

EDIT: oh! wait! That's correct. I made a mistake in my post. The bottom is the yellow one. So it makes sense again Edited my previous post and squiggled some colours into the picture to prevent any further confusion!

Another difference I've noticed is the box itself: on the back there's specs in multiple languages. On the box of the "yellow" Glo, there are 7 languages, and no Japanese. The "blue" Glo has 8 languages including Japanese.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 03-26-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #21
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I am now temporarily in possession of two Gloes, one with blue lighting, the other with yellow. The one difference I noticed on the outside was the layout of the bottom of the device (the printing next to the µUSB socket). See attached pics. The top bottom! device is the one with yellow lighting.
A very admirably restrained post there Mrs O - I imagine you are going

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH ITS SO PRETTYYY AAAAAHHHH inside!!! Lol!

Isn't the yellow wonderful - I have the yellow 'code' on mine Really chuffed for you Now give it a good blast on the charger . .

Last edited by Willa; 03-26-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Actually I prefer the blue lighting myself.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #23
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
A very admirably restrained post there Mrs O - I imagine you are going

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH ITS SO PRETTYYY AAAAAHHHH inside!!! Lol!

Isn't the yellow wonderful - I have the yellow 'code' on mine Really chuffed for you Now give it a good blast on the charger . .
LOOLLL!!!

You are QUITE right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Actually I prefer the blue lighting myself.
Really! How come?

I found the blue to be very harsh and actually hurting my eyes. Blue is actually also very bad for "night" time/dark time reading as blue light inhibits the secretion of melatonin, a hormone you need for a good night's rest. So I actually requested the yellow for my replacement. It was never acknowledged though so I have no idea if 'they' pulled some strings for me or if it was just dumb luck... I'm choosing to think the former
Old 03-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #24
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So have you charged it yet? Loaded it?? Run nekkid around the garden bathed in a yellow light?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #25
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
ATTENTION K-MART Shoppers.. Blue Light SPECIAL!

Spoiler:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kmart
Kmart became known for its "Blue Light Specials." They occurred at surprise moments when a store worker would light up a mobile police light and offer a discount in a specific department of the store. At the height of Kmart's popularity, the phrase "attention Kmart shoppers" also entered into the American pop psyche, appearing in films and other media such as Troop Beverly Hills, Six Days Seven Nights, Rain Man, Beetlejuice, and Dawn of the Dead.

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
ATTENTION K-MART Shoppers.. Blue Light SPECIAL!

Spoiler:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kmart
Kmart became known for its "Blue Light Specials." They occurred at surprise moments when a store worker would light up a mobile police light and offer a discount in a specific department of the store. At the height of Kmart's popularity, the phrase "attention Kmart shoppers" also entered into the American pop psyche, appearing in films and other media such as Troop Beverly Hills, Six Days Seven Nights, Rain Man, Beetlejuice, and Dawn of the Dead.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #27
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Really! How come?

I found the blue to be very harsh and actually hurting my eyes. Blue is actually also very bad for "night" time/dark time reading as blue light inhibits the secretion of melatonin, a hormone you need for a good night's rest. So I actually requested the yellow for my replacement. It was never acknowledged though so I have no idea if 'they' pulled some strings for me or if it was just dumb luck... I'm choosing to think the former
It's a bit hard for me to say why I prefer the blue lighting, I just find it more soothing than the yellow. I don't often use the light on my Glo, normally just as an extra boost when it starts getting dark, I never read in pitch black with it.

Maybe I'm just weird!
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #28
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
From the pics you posted, I'm not sure I'd want a yellow, but it could be different if seeing them in hand.

For what it's worth, mine is BLUE and has the same info as the BOTTOM one in your pics. I suspect that is North American vs European but I could be mistaken (just going on the info on it and the way it's presented).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
So have you charged it yet? Loaded it?? Run nekkid around the garden bathed in a yellow light?
She wouldn't do that. She tiptoes around the garden wearing clogs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #30
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any Tulips?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote