Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #481
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.5.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Ensure error not thrown if device is connected after configuration is closed and objects deleted
  • Set a favourites_menu_unique_name attribute on menu actions that have dynamically changing names for Favourites Menu plugin usage
  • Allow multiple lists to be selected in the Move to list dialog, as an alternate way for users to add to multiple lists at once
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #482
luciaisacat
Enthusiast
luciaisacat began at the beginning.

Device: android
Hi! I am using the "Reading list" plugin with great satisfaction, thanks! I was wondering if you would like to consider adding the possibility to export the ebooks listed, for example to a Dropbox folder. The only reason to connect my reading device to the computer managing the Calibre library is to load new ebooks, if the ebooks indicated in the reading list could be automatically exported to the clouds, I could sync from there!
Many thanks!
lucia
luciaisacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #483
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@luciaisacat - you can do this already. Use the "Connect to folder" functionality in calibre to point to a folder within your Dropbox. Then set up a "device" in the Reading List devices tab while conencted to that folder. You can then associate a list with your "folder device", and have all the same sort of functionality of "syncing" etc when you next connect to that folder.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #484
luciaisacat
Enthusiast
luciaisacat began at the beginning.

Device: android
@kiwidude - Thanks for your prompt reply! However, when Calibre is connected-to-a-folder the functionality "Add connected device" in the Devices tab of the Reading list plug-in is disabled. In addition, even if I set in the sync options of the plug-in: "device to sync this list to" = "*Any device", the sync option does not appear to work when connected to a folder. Any idea? L
luciaisacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #485
kiwidude

Works fine for me . You can see it in my screenshot on the first post. Add connected device will be disabled if either (1) you are not currently connected to anything, or (2) you have already added the currently connected thing to the list. Try using Send to Device on a book while you are connected to make sure the folder is indeed "connected" and working correctly, and then go back into the Reading List configuration screen to the devices tab.
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #486
Mieeka
Mieeka began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Works fine for me . You can see it in my screenshot on the first post. Add connected device will be disabled if either (1) you are not currently connected to anything, or (2) you have already added the currently connected thing to the list. Try using Send to Device on a book while you are connected to make sure the folder is indeed "connected" and working correctly, and then go back into the Reading List configuration screen to the devices tab.
Hi Kiwidude,

I'm also having this problem after moving my itunes library to a new disk, the sync became disabled and isnt acknowledging the itunes library was connected.

I removed the device from the list in order to re-add it only to find the !add connected device button is now disabled

Screenshot

Last edited by Mieeka; 08-21-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Mieeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #487
kiwidude

@Mieeka - welcome to MobileRead.

In that screenshot you aren't actually *connected* to the folder, so the button will naturally be disabled (as it says it is "Add to connected device"). Exit the dialog, connect to the folder, then go back into that dialog and the button should be enabled.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 AM   #488
Mieeka
Mieeka began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Quote:
@Mieeka - welcome to MobileRead.

In that screenshot you aren't actually *connected* to the folder, so the button will naturally be disabled (as it says it is "Add to connected device"). Exit the dialog, connect to the folder, then go back into that dialog and the button should be enabled.
Hi kiwidude,

You are correct that i'm not attached to a folder - however i AM connected to iTunes (bottom left of the original screenshot you can see it says connected Itunes) and as you can see it doesn't recognize this as a device. I can however manually send files across. Itunes used to be recognized as a device, its only since I've moved my library that it has stopped recognizing it.

Likewise if i attach a android smart-device using the new WiFi functionality or to a folder (screenshot attached) this also doesn't recognize the connection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connecting to folder.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	398.7 KB
ID:	91097  

Last edited by Mieeka; 08-22-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Mieeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #489
kiwidude

Ok, I missed the ITunes thing, since the other user described connecting to a folder and you said you had the same problem .

I am not at all surprised the Android thing doesn't work, since that didn't exist when the plugin was created.

I know there was some iTunes related changes a little while ago to calibre, perhaps that changed something breaking this plugin? Is iTunes connectivity working for anyone else - I don't use it myself. I will take a look at some point...
Old 08-22-2012, 06:31 AM   #490
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I am not at all surprised the Android thing doesn't work, since that didn't exist when the plugin was created.
It works fine for me. I started calibre, went to reading list preferences/devices and added my device. I then set it up to auto-sync to my device. Closed and opened calibre, added some books to the default list, then connected my device. The books were transferred. I then changed the name of my device, restarted calibre, and books still transferred.

I did note that if I remove my device I cannot re-add it until I restart calibre. Connecting and reconnecting the device doesn't help here. Also, transfers didn't happen after a rename until calibre was restarted.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #491
kiwidude

Hey Charles, thanks for the Android info, I don't have one to test myself.

Interesting on the restart calibre required thing. On renaming a device, my plugin will call:
Code:
self.gui.device_manager.set_driveinfo_name(device_info['location_code'], new_device_name)
Other than that, everything should just be doing uuid comparisons when the device is connected, so renaming a device should be irrelevant to that connectivity?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #492
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Interesting on the restart calibre required thing. On renaming a device, my plugin will call:
Code:
self.gui.device_manager.set_driveinfo_name(device_info['location_code'], new_device_name)
Other than that, everything should just be doing uuid comparisons when the device is connected, so renaming a device should be irrelevant to that connectivity?
It is very hard to say what is going wrong.

What I can say is that "reading list" did not chat on connect after the rename but before the restart. For example, here is a "normal" startup log.
Spoiler:
SMART_DEV ( 11.75: 10.857) reset
SMART_DEV ( 11.75: 0.000) set_progress_reporter
SMART_DEV ( 11.76: 0.000) open
SMART_DEV ( 11.84: 0.078) _call_client GET_INITIALIZATION_INFO
SMART_DEV ( 13.13: 1.277) open CC version #: 10
SMART_DEV ( 13.13: 0.000) open CC can stream True
SMART_DEV ( 13.16: 0.031) open selected formats [u'epub', u'mobi']
SMART_DEV ( 13.18: 0.000) card_prefix
SMART_DEV ( 13.41: 0.234) set_progress_reporter
Job: 1 Get device information started
SMART_DEV ( 13.41: 0.000) get_device_information
SMART_DEV ( 13.43: 0.000) _call_client GET_DEVICE_INFORMATION
SMART_DEV ( 13.71: 0.265) _call_client SET_CALIBRE_DEVICE_INFO
SMART_DEV ( 14.12: 0.405) card_prefix
SMART_DEV ( 14.12: 0.000) free_space
SMART_DEV ( 14.21: 0.094) _call_client FREE_SPACE
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
SMART_DEV ( 15.25: 1.035) set_progress_reporter
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
SMART_DEV ( 15.26: 0.001) books None
SMART_DEV ( 15.30: 0.030) _call_client GET_BOOK_COUNT
SMART_DEV ( 15.72: 0.398) books carda
SMART_DEV ( 15.73: 0.000) books cardb
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
SMART_DEV ( 15.81: 0.078) set_plugboards
READING LIST: Metadata available: {u'main': {u'device_store_uuid': u'465af670-ecfc-468b-8c8f-579d8137a284', u'prefix': u'', u'devi
ce_name': u'SmartDevice', u'calibre_version': u'0.8.65', u'location_code': u'main', u'last_library_uuid': u'05584da8-8c69-4938-874
b-3845d2c85c69', u'date_last_connected': u'2012-08-22T10:30:37.774000+00:00'}}
READING LIST: Sync Now - force_sync= False
READING LIST: Device found to sync to: CBH Nexus 465af670-ecfc-468b-8c8f-579d8137a284
READING LIST: Syncing 1 books in 'Default' to: 465af670-ecfc-468b-8c8f-579d8137a284 (location:None)
READING LIST: Checking for automatic list(s) []
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
Job: 1 Get device information finished

Here is the one after the rename. You will see that the reading_list lines are missing. Why I cannot say.
Spoiler:
SMART_DEV ( 265.28: 0.000) open
SMART_DEV ( 265.31: 0.031) _call_client GET_INITIALIZATION_INFO
SMART_DEV ( 265.79: 0.484) open CC version #: 10
SMART_DEV ( 265.79: 0.000) open CC can stream True
SMART_DEV ( 266.03: 0.219) open selected formats [u'epub', u'mobi']
SMART_DEV ( 266.03: 0.000) card_prefix
SMART_DEV ( 266.04: 0.000) set_progress_reporter
Job: 9 Get device information started
SMART_DEV ( 266.06: 0.000) get_device_information
SMART_DEV ( 266.12: 0.046) _call_client GET_DEVICE_INFORMATION
SMART_DEV ( 266.43: 0.312) _call_client SET_CALIBRE_DEVICE_INFO
SMART_DEV ( 266.80: 0.355) card_prefix
SMART_DEV ( 266.82: 0.000) free_space
SMART_DEV ( 266.85: 0.031) _call_client FREE_SPACE
DeviceJob: 9 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 9 Get device information callback returned
SMART_DEV ( 267.12: 0.267) set_progress_reporter
Job: 10 Get list of books on device started
SMART_DEV ( 267.13: 0.000) books None
SMART_DEV ( 267.17: 0.032) _call_client GET_BOOK_COUNT
Job: 9 Get device information finished
No details available.
SMART_DEV ( 267.59: 0.402) books carda
SMART_DEV ( 267.61: 0.000) books cardb
DeviceJob: 10 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
Ahhh... I might have found it. My driver sent the command to the app to change the device name, but the app currently ignores such commands. That might have confused reading_list. Apparently a UUID mapping is all you need after a restart, so things started working again. Or at least it appears that way.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #493
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

@kiwidude: I fixed the "ignoring the device name change" problem, and I still need to restart to get reading_list to "chat" when I connect. It is worth noting that reading_list is notified by gui2.device, not the driver. The smartapp driver doesn't have any role in that.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #494
kiwidude

You know what I think might be happening? (I can't verify this until I get home). There was a change made not so long ago where I changed the way I disconnected signals because people were having issues (with the config dialog hanging on and getting disposed while still connected). I suspect what is happening is that the signals are being disconnected not only from the config widget dialog but also from the plugin's main action as well? So in other words, just going into the config widget and closing it will be sufficient that your device will no longer be seen. That would kind of match the behaviour you are seeing...

Which would then beg the question of the "right" way to disconnect a signal. because it would appear that calling this in the config widget isn't it due to it disconnecting everything...
Code:
        device_signals.device_connection_changed.disconnect()
        device_signals.device_metadata_available.disconnect()
Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #495
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I would think that the code you used would disconnect everything, even other plugins.

I suggest that you connect the signal to a method in your base plugin that cannot go away. That method would route the signal to where ever it needs to go by directly calling the appropriate method(s). I assume that your plugin can tell what dialogs are open or not, and therefore where the signals should go. The signals are run on the GUI thread, in case that matters to you.