Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Sideloaded my first APK!

Yes, I'm embarrassed to tell you how long it look me to finally get up the courage. I was toying with the idea of installing the new Market for awhile, then decided to try installing a stand-alone app instead that wouldn't risk wiping out something I need, so decided on trying the app for my favorite keyboard app (Ultra Keyboard--which has swipe technology as well as pretty good word recognition, etc., so the best of all worlds). Read over and over again the instructions in the SlideIt thread, was hoping I could just do it with Astro (which I'm more familiar with than Root Explorer), finally had to turn to Root Explorer, had to backtrack a few times due to missteps, but finally got my keyboard! Now that I've finally done it once, and seen exactly how it works, all the anxiety is gone as I approach my next app sideloading adventure.

Now I have to get more stuff on my husband's NC. (Did I mention we became a two-NC household a week ago, after he decided he really needed a rooted NC of his own to read comics? )
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted

I haven't done that yet......unless I did it with the ADE software......it's all been a blur since just before Xmas.... And when I do.....I'm sure I'll end up bugging Scion some more

I have noticed I'd like a keyboard that has arrows, so I don't have to tap on the screen at the location that I want to change or add text.... Does the keyboard you mention have that?

Last edited by The Joker; 01-17-2011 at 05:08 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Yes, a keyboard with arrows would be nice. Why are they hard to find?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ultra Keyboard actually has that option. It's grand. Make sure you install the latest version--5.6.3--though. (When you install it, use the "toolbar" to activate the "move cursor" choice.)
Old 01-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegS View Post
Ultra Keyboard actually has that option. It's grand. Make sure you install the latest version--5.6.3--though. (When you install it, use the "toolbar" to activate the "move cursor" choice.)
Is that in the market.....or does it need to be sideloaded?.....

I don't have my Nook with me

ETA
Looks like there's a pay version in the market (Haven't actually set up an account for that yet) Is it really worth it?
http://androidspin.com/2010/05/11/ap...-keyboard-3-0/

That's one big keyboard.....can you remove the top portion?

Last edited by The Joker; 01-17-2011 at 05:58 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
PegS
Connoisseur

It *is* a paid app. (I paid for it for my phone.) The keyboard is actually no bigger than the stock or any other keyboard if you opt to not have the toolbar (the row with the scissors/microphone/etc.--which is customizable too) show up all the time. The photo you have is actually of the compact version superimposed on top of the regular non-compact version; the two don't show up at the same time.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Where did you get the app? Have been looking for it in Market since I rooted and can't find it. Have it on my phone already. Will it work to grab the apk off the phone?

Edit: Took the apk from my phone and installed it on my NC following the instructions on the SlideIt thread (Thanks Scion) and it works fine. SlideIt was good, but I missed the arrows also.

Last edited by NoName; 01-18-2011 at 02:35 PM.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote