Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #16
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
@rkomar, your previous message is totally above my head

@J.C. &rkomar: my laptop is a window machine, how do I save the edit-epub.app in unix? (I have a ubuntu emulator, but I am not sure whether it is of any relevance)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bingo!

ok, please ignore my previous request: now I've learned about "end of line"
used "gedit" to convert, and it works!
Thank you so much guys!

EDIT: on the 903, the programme runs, but it seems to be unable to open any of the extensions (no txt, no html, no xhtml, no css) while all seems well on the 360. Any further hints?

Last edited by paola; 01-05-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Okay, so I've made all the changes that J.C. suggested and posted the new files to the website pointed to in the first post. I did change the "-q" so that it now outputs 'y' or 'n' (which is different than it was). I modified edit-epub.app to account for that change, as well.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #19
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
ok, please ignore my previous request: now I've learned about "end of line"
used "gedit" to convert, and it works!
Thank you so much guys!

EDIT: on the 903, the programme runs, but it seems to be unable to open any of the extensions (no txt, no html, no xhtml, no css) while all seems well on the 360. Any further hints?
Phew! Good call by J.C.; I would never have guessed that that was the problem. I uploaded a zipped version of the script, as well, in case anyone can't figure out how to download the straight script to avoid this problem.

Does Pi not start at all? Are you able to rename the output zip file? I wonder if this is the disappearing output bug that J.C. saw earlier? You can try downloading a fresh version of sh_ivtool.app and edit-epub.app (the latter needed a cosmetic change because the behaviour of sh_ivtool changed) and trying that on your 903. The other programs haven't changed.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #20
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
@rkomar, your previous message is totally above my head
It is Unix-speak! Unfortunately, there is no dictionary for it in PocketBook format.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:28 AM   #21
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Tried it shortly on the device, echoing the result to file works so it means that $FILE was set properly, however popping up a message using 'sh_ivtool -s $FILE' (or "$FILE") resulted in no action at all, not even a blank message box.

I'll post more after I've had a chance to do more testing
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #22
bogomil
bogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: PB903
I suggest/ask for introducing an another option in the tool - choosing from a list of options. The idea is in the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip main.c.zip (2.4 KB, 505 views)

Last edited by bogomil; 01-06-2012 at 09:46 AM.
bogomil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #23
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogomil View Post
I suggest/ask for introducing an another option in the tool - choosing from a list of options. The idea is in the attachment.
These look pretty good. I'll merge your changes into my tree, update the README.txt file, and post here when it's uploaded.

Edit: Changes are uploaded to the website. They include the "-F" option for single directory level file searches, "-o" for an option chooser, and a bugfix for those cases where the OpenContent dialog was called with no files to show.

Last edited by rkomar; 01-06-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Okay, so I've made all the changes that J.C. suggested and posted the new files to the website pointed to in the first post. I did change the "-q" so that it now outputs 'y' or 'n' (which is different than it was). I modified edit-epub.app to account for that change, as well.
now it works on the 903, too, many thanks - but not with the edit-epub.app you put in the zipped file, I did use again the other "webpage" version, this time saved as Linux file

Again, many thanks!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #25
bogomil
bogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: PB903
Thanks
bogomil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #26
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
now it works on the 903, too, many thanks - but not with the edit-epub.app you put in the zipped file, I did use again the other "webpage" version, this time saved as Linux file

Again, many thanks!
I'm glad to hear it works. I was beginning to think that trying to code for the latest firmware versions was too big of a PITA, and that maybe I should give up. That kludge to get the output working was unsettling.

The zipped file is identical to the unzipped version on the web page, but I see that people on Windows still have the same problem (i.e. browser and unzip both automatically change the file from Unix LF to Windows CR/LF style). So, the zipped version doesn't help at all.

Are there simple instructions for how Windows users can download the unzipped file so that it doesn't get changed? I'll include them in the webpage if they're not too complicated.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 AM   #27
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Are there simple instructions for how Windows users can download the unzipped file so that it doesn't get changed? I'll include them in the webpage if they're not too complicated.
I did as follows:
1) copy the text in the edit-epub.app webpage and paste it in a blank text file in e.g. notepad or similar (I use crimson editor);
2) save the file as "edit-epub.app";
3) download and install gedit
4) open the newly created edit-epub.app in gedit and "save as" by selectin Unix/Linux end of line (over-writing the previous edit-epub.app file)

but presumably it would go quicker at follows:
1) download and install "gedit";
2) launch gedit, which automatically opens a blank file;
3) copy the text in he edit-epub.app webpage and paste it in the gedit window;
4) save as "epub-edit.app" selecting the Unix/Linux "end of line", instead of Windows (see picture attached)

I am no geek, and anyone who feels confident in editing the .cfg file should have no problem with the above
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	572
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	80868  
Old 01-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #28
rkomar
Wizard

Thanks paola. That's not so bad, but does require that you have gedit installed. I tried right-clicking on the link for edit-epub.app in Internet Explorer, selected "Save Target As..." from the menu, and then saved with the default setting of ".app Document" in the "Save as type:" box. That seemed to do the trick for me, but I have no idea if it works the same for other browsers in Windows (or even other versions of IE). I couldn't save it properly if I was already looking at the contents of the script in the browser window.

Anyway, I'll add both sets of instructions later. No sense in being cheap with the electrons.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #29
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks paola. That's not so bad, but does require that you have gedit installed. I tried right-clicking on the link for edit-epub.app in Internet Explorer, selected "Save Target As..." from the menu, and then saved with the default setting of ".app Document" in the "Save as type:" box.
you know what? IT WORKS! At least, when opening the file in Windows Notepad after saving it as you suggested, it all comes out over two lines, so I guess it got rid of the end of lines. I've tried it in Firefos, with "save link as", only I noticed it adds the suffix .sdx, but it is a simple matter of renaming the file - well, I told you I'm no IT geek

In short - your system is fast and easy, and it works!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #30
bense2k
bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
Would it be possible to add a progressbar? Would be practical for download scripts.
bense2k is offline   Reply With Quote