Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Back up Settings

Now that I have Calibre .7.2 fulfilling my every need (well ebook wise anyway ) is there a way to back up my Preferences, particularly from the Conversion/Look & Feel section, other than copying and pasting my Extra CSS into Notepad and making note of my Font sizes etc?

I know if I uninstall and re-install it remembers all this info and wondered if there was just a file that could be backed up?

TIA

Last edited by grizedale; 06-16-2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Spelling
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizedale View Post
I know if I uninstall and re-install it remembers all this info and wondered if there was just a file that could be backed up?
Go to Preferences | Advanced | Open calibre configuration directory. You should be in a folder called "calibre" - back up that whole folder. I'm assuming you already have metadata.db backed up - that's in your library, and you need it too.

Last edited by Starson17; 06-16-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Great stuff, thank you Starson17
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote