Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Sigil 0.1.2 for Mac not working

I tried Sigil 0.1.2 on my G3 PowerMac running Tiger 10.4.11 with 256 MB of RAM and it doesn't launch properly (icon on toolbar "bounces" then disappears).
Given that ADE and Sony Ebook Library have been persuaded to run on it, I though Sigil would be as easy to persuade..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Bear in mind that it's still alpha. It probably has never been tested on a G3 running 10.4.11

It's probably some problem in the compiler settings. Open an issue, and hopefully it'll get fixed in 0.1.3 or 0.1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I tried Sigil 0.1.2 on my G3 PowerMac running Tiger 10.4.11 with 256 MB of RAM and it doesn't launch properly (icon on toolbar "bounces" then disappears).
Given that ADE and Sony Ebook Library have been persuaded to run on it, I though Sigil would be as easy to persuade..
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It probably has never been tested on a G3 running 10.4.11

It's probably some problem in the compiler settings. Open an issue, and hopefully it'll get fixed in 0.1.3 or 0.1.4
I can confirm that it hasn't been tested on a G3 running 10.4.11. I can't test for machines I don't have access to. Without the machine or more information, I can't fix this issue either.

Try building from source, it's the only advice I can give you.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Question MacPorts

Quote:
Have you tried the MacPorts version? Like the Linux version it is compiled from source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Try building from source, it's the only advice I can give you.
On Mac that means you also have to compile Qt from source. Of couse MacPorts takes care of that as well

Martin

Last edited by krischik; 09-03-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: manual multi quote
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
On Mac that means you also have to compile Qt from source. Of couse MacPorts takes care of that as well
Or you could just use the pre-built Qt Mac SDK from Nokia (which makes Qt). This is also mentioned in the "Building From Source" instructions on the website, and in the INSTALL.txt file in the source distribution.

There is no need to compile Qt directly.

Why do I get the feeling nobody reads those?
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 04:34 AM   #6
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Red face

Quote:
Or you could just use the pre-built Qt Mac SDK from Nokia (which makes Qt).
Yes, you could let Nokia loose on you harddrive. But I would not. The two mayor advantage of MacPorts is that all files are stored in "/opt/local" (which one can savely delete) there is a working "deinstall" on top.

Quote:
Why do I get the feeling nobody reads those?
Shure I read them - but not on a daily basis
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #7
Valloric

Mac users that have OS X 10.4: try the new 0.1.9b version of Sigil. It may work for you now on Tiger.