Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #61
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
i'm kinda drunk
You spell just fine... have another
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #62
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wotta party! The police came! (But when they found out the rumor about naked dancing girls was false, they left. Party poopers!)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #63
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
However, the story about the fire dancers was true. Sorry no pictures -- they were outdoors and we were indoors.

David from TeleRead held a drawing for a pbook copy of one of his works: KAZ won. Steve Jordan offered a physicalizied copy of his last ebook, The Lens. ("Physicalizied" means he provided a CD with copies of all formats the book is available plus cover art and an extra -- a working draft of his next book.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SteveAtMangoMikes.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	31298   Click image for larger version

Name:	SteveDrawingWinner.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	31299   Click image for larger version

Name:	SteveReadingWinner.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	31300  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #64
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
We had a great time! The venue was awesome (mmm, delicious food). I drooled all over Kaz's pink 700 cover.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #65
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Being the loquacious one, I will be happy to give my take on the evening! I will say that my husband an I had a wonderful time last night at the meet-up. The food and drink were excellent and the company superlative! It was so nice to put faces (and names ) to some of the people I converse with on a daily basis. It was the oddest thing, but everyone seemed to know who I was when I walked into the room. It was quite surreal!! In all honesty, I was a bit nervous on the way there (we have about an hours drive to Alexandria) but when we got there, it was like being around people I've known for a long time.

Cassidym and RWood did such a great job with the planning and the venue. It was very exciting pulling up to the parking lot and seeing (and hearing) the fire dancers Wood spoke of in his post. We had our own area of the restaurant and it all felt as if we were in someones family room sharing stores and reading devices! Both cassidym and rwood brought their wives and it was so nice to get a chance to meet them. Mike, when I finally get the nerve to travel outside the US, you'll be getting a PM from me looking for pointers!

I was thrilled that lilac_jive decided to come even though she had had a terrible morning. She is such a trooper. Hopefully, the next time we meet-up, her day will have gone much better.

Steve Jordan was great fun to talk to and I learned so much about his writing It was a great pleasure to meet his lovely wife, Darka and I look forward to getting a chance to talk to her more at the next meet-up. I would love to here more about her work.

It was also wonderful to meet Enola and I was amazed at the number of reading devices Nate the Great had brought to share.

I was thrilled to show off my Sony 700 and my Asus computer, but the real surprise I had brought was my new Palm Pre Smart phone that I had picked up on my way to the event! Paul from Teleread took my picture holding the Pre, so maybe I'll make it into a blog somewhere! It doesn't have a reading functionality yet, but there is talk of a mobi reader sometime in it's future.

David and Paul from TeleRead were fascinating and brought a wealth of interesting information. I was lucky (and yes, Steve, I heard about the 3 minute time limit, sheesh, a girl can't even take a moment to powder her nose ) enough to be chosen to win David Rothman's book, The Soloman Scandals, which my husband and I are very much looking forward to reading (David even sent me the epub file so that I can read it on my Sony)! It was a great treat to have the TeleRead people there and I hope that they are planning to come to our next M&G (Meet & Greet ).

All in all, it was a fabulous evening. I'm very sorry to say that I didn't get a chance to take any pictures even though I brought my camera and there's a really good camera on my Pre. As usual, I was too much of a jabber jaw to get around to taking pictures!!

I'm already looking forward to the next meet-up and next time I promise to take a few candid shots! Hey, if anyone is interested in coming out to the beautiful Shenandoah area, how about a cook-out at my place!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #66
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yeah! Cookout at Skyline on Kaz!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #67
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Hey, if anyone is interested in coming out to the beautiful Shenandoah area, how about a cook-out at my place!
Kaz, count us in too. We'll be there. Might even bring the odd bottle of wine
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #68
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Where are all the pictures? I know I saw some flashes around the room

In for a party at Skyline!

Did I mention that HOLY MOLY HAYMARKET IS CRAZY DIFFERENT NOW! I haven't been there in about 15 years and I couldn't believe the difference. Good ol' Sheetz was still there though..
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #69
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I'm already looking forward to the next meet-up and next time I promise to take a few candid shots! Hey, if anyone is interested in coming out to the beautiful Shenandoah area, how about a cook-out at my place!
I'll come. I'll even barbecue. I have a pretty good technique for beef ribs.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #70
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I'll bring an appetite.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:57 AM   #71
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
aw ! it's brilliant hearing what a great time y'all had. i wish i could have been there ! the next one sounds like a lot of fun too ! but we want more pictures of that one !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #72
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
aw ! it's brilliant hearing what a great time y'all had. i wish i could have been there ! the next one sounds like a lot of fun too ! but we want more pictures of that one !
The lack of pictures is an indirect attempt to get you out of France and over to Virginia for the next meet-up!! If you want to know what's going on, you have to actually be there.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote