Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #31
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
We do have free WiFi at the Mango Mike's, where we're meeting. I'll see what we can set up.

RWood, doubt I'll celebrate my birthday as I'll probably forget the thing by then.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #32
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Forget what?

This could be very interesting if we get communication between the two meet-ups. Perhaps via the Members Chat area on the main forum page.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #33
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Forget what?

This could be very interesting if we get communication between the two meet-ups. Perhaps via the Members Chat area on the main forum page.
What about Skype? I have it on one of my laptops and it's on my netbook, although I've never used it there because the laptop is so much clearer.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #34
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All, here's the latest attendee list:

Lilac - Vienna (from PA) [1]
• Clair94 [2]
• Enola - Northern Virginia [1]
• Cassidy - Alexandria [2]
• Steve Jordan - Maryland [2]
• Percy - Virginia(?) [1]
• Nate - Woodbridge [1]
• Wood - Oak Hill [2]
• Kazbates [1]

We start at 6:00 and the food should be out at 6:30 but the bar will be open as soon as you walk through the door.

If there are any changes, please let me know by Thursday.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #35
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
All, here's the latest attendee list:

Lilac - Vienna (from PA) [1]
Kaz - Northern Virginia [2]
• Enola - Northern Virginia [1]
• Cassidy - Alexandria [2]
• Steve Jordan - Maryland [2]
• Percy - Virginia(?) [1]
• Nate - Woodbridge [1]
• Wood - Oak Hill [2]
Claire94 [1]

We start at 6:00 and the food should be out at 6:30 but the bar will be open as soon as you walk through the door.

If there are any changes, please let me know by Thursday.
I made a couple of changes to the list above. See the bolded items.

Thanks for arranging everything, cassidym. See you Saturday!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #36
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Forget what?

I like the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
What about Skype? I have it on one of my laptops and it's on my netbook, although I've never used it there because the laptop is so much clearer.
That would be fun! I go check with the guys in the German section....
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #37
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'll still be there! So excited!!!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #38
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Have sent PM's to those who are still 'maybe'. Once I get their response, we're good to go
Old 06-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #39
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
...of course you guys do this right as I get pulled from Alexandria to do a long-term project in Honolulu... : (

Please post pics and I will be there for future events provided I'm in the same time zone!
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #40
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Will do.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #41
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Wow is it really tomorrow?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #42
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Wow is it really tomorrow?
Yes!

Today is the time to recharge your cameras, memorize your passwords, make sure that your passports are up-to-date, and to remember the cover story you are going to use tomorrow when a group of us step from behind our avatars into real life.

I will see all of you at Mango Mike's tomorrow.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #43
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes!

Today is the time to recharge your cameras, memorize your passwords, make sure that your passports are up-to-date, and to remember the cover story you are going to use tomorrow when a group of us step from behind our avatars into real life.

I will see all of you at Mango Mike's tomorrow.
Crap! I gotta find my camera!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #44
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Hey, put me down for vegetarian food if it's necessary to specify that in advance. See everyone there! I won't bring any gizmos other than perhaps an iPod Touch that fits in my pocket. Related item is now at the top of TeleRead.org. - David

http://www.teleread.org/2009/06/26/m...thern-virgnia/
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #45
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Crap! I gotta find my camera!
I hope you'll find it. Post pics of the devices, the food, the people!
Cassidym, we'll post pics of our drinks in return
See you all tomorrow in the chat area
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote