Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Feature Request: Download from Url

Hi

It would be great if Calibre could download files from direct urls. For example sometimes I find some articles or free pdf files that I want to add to my library. The normal way is to download and organize them then import them into Calibre. With direct importing feature , this will be much more streamlined.

Maybe there is a feature for it or maybe an existing command line way.

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Hi

It would be great if Calibre could download files from direct urls. For example sometimes I find some articles or free pdf files that I want to add to my library. The normal way is to download and organize them then import them into Calibre. With direct importing feature , this will be much more streamlined.

Maybe there is a feature for it or maybe an existing command line way.

thanks
Calibre supports the concept of a Watch folder from which items are automatically imported. Maybe simply downloading to the folder you have set for that will give you what you want?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert