Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 04:08 AM   #706
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Is it also possible to revert or "dekepubify" a previous kepubified epub?
To get a clean regular epub again stripped of all added kobo kepub code.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #707
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Not at this time. This is why, for the conversion plugin, I strongly recommend always keeping a non-KePub format for all books.

That said, a KePub is an ePub, so you should be able to load it as ePub on any other reader.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #708
wgabi
Enthusiast
wgabi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
hi,

i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i'd need some advice...

i've just started to use my new aura hd, and this plugin (thanks for it), everything seems fine except page numbering, if i keep the chapter numbers (default), they are fine, i tap the screen and it jumps to the next page and the page numbers are go with it, but if i use full book page numbers (which i prefer) set in the config file:

[FeatureSettings]
FullBookPageNumbers=true

...then i have to read 3 pages before the number at the bottom jumps once :-(

i have only enabled this driver in calibre, am i missing something else?

sorry, but i have not much experience with this :-( i really would like to see working full book page numbers, since this is the only way to judge a book's lenght, if i only have the chapter numbers, i wouldn't know how long is the book.

thanks

(the best would be if i could see both chapter and full book page numbers at the same time, i dont' know if that is possible...)

Last edited by wgabi; 10-02-2013 at 09:54 AM.
wgabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #709
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There isn't anything I can do about this. I'm adding an option in the next release to choose whether to use full-book page numbers or not. If you're having to turn multiple pages, I suspect that this option causes the full-book page numbers to be estimated using the same method Adobe uses - one page equals a certain number of characters (I believe 1024) no matter what. The per-chapter page numbering is much more accurate.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #710
wgabi
Enthusiast
wgabi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
thanks

so it's similar to the kindle's "location" numbering...
i thought i was doing something wrong, because the chapter number are always right.
wgabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #711
RobbieW
RobbieW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Touch Firmware: 2.8.1; Calibre: 1.5; ExtendedDriver: 2.2.9

Sometime between 16th August and 23rd August it seems Calibre stopped using the TouchExtended driver to transfer books to my Touch. I've only just noticed because I finally looked at why my copies of the Economist, from the recipe, hadnt looked or behaved the same for a while. Between the dates above they switched from being KEPUBs to EPUBs on my Touch. I've had the Extended driver installed for a while and been very happy with it but it seems no longer to be working on my setup. I've taken whatever updates Calibre has suggested, the 2.8.1 update was likely done on August 2nd as thats the last sync date I have on the Touch - what I'm trying to say is that I cant easily see any correlation between update date and this change of behaviour.

Since realising what was happening I've removed and re-installed the Extended driver as well as restarting Calibre a number of times. It now seems that whatever book I transfer across, it appears on the Touch as an EPUB. I cant see whats going wrong, so HELP - have attached the Calibre log output.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpcytt1h.txt (11.3 KB, 185 views)
RobbieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #712
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The log file says the extended driver is being used. But, "Enable Extended Kobo Features" is unchecked. Open the configuration and check.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #713
RobbieW
RobbieW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The log file says the extended driver is being used. But, "Enable Extended Kobo Features" is unchecked. Open the configuration and check.
Checked and it was unchecked, so I checked it Thanks davidfor, easy when you know what your looking for.
RobbieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #714
n3xtITA
n3xtITA began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
No longer works. I caliber 1.5 and koboextended, but when I pass the books on the kobo does not allow me to see more detailed statistics. Reverting to the previous version of caliber or the plugin? Help.

Enable Extended Kobo Features is checked
n3xtITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #715
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Unfortunately "no longer works" is rather vague. Even saying that you don't get detailed statistics isn't enough, there's crucial information missing. Please see the first post for known issues, as well as for how to report bugs and what information is required.

If, and only if, your only problem is that detailed statistics no longer show up, you can post your information (leave out the books) here.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #716
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3xtITA View Post
No longer works. I caliber 1.5 and koboextended, but when I pass the books on the kobo does not allow me to see more detailed statistics. Reverting to the previous version of caliber or the plugin? Help.

Enable Extended Kobo Features is checked
What f/w level is your Kobo? In some of the newest releases Kobo have removed the ability to see reading stats on side loaded kEpubs.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:18 AM   #717
n3xtITA
n3xtITA began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I Have aura HD 2.8.1
n3xtITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #718
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3xtITA View Post
I Have aura HD 2.8.1
2.8.1 still shows stats while reading for sideloaded kepubs. Something might have happened that the book was sent as an epub. Can you check in the library list what format is listed for the book?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #719
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Can you please give the rest of the information needed? And there's two versions of 2.8.1, can you give the bit that's beside 2.8.1 in the Software Version line so we can see which one it is? For example "2.9.0 (042df55f04, 9/15/13)".
Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #720
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Version 2.2.10 has just been posted, it should be making its way to the update servers in the next few hours. The only major change here is that you can now choose between the default per-chapter page numbering or the ePub-style full-book page numbering.

When using per-chapter page numbering, the page numbers are accurately set to the number of screens of text to be shown on your device. When using full-book page numbers, it appears that it falls back to using the less accurate method that Adobe (and others) use by assuming 1024 characters per page

Tags
error, kobo aura one