Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Aldiko 2.0 Non-Paid Version Released

Now you can get the latest version of Aldiko for free. Supports Adobe DRM now. Does not support B&N DRM.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/aldiko-b...aldiko.android
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Darn - I bought the Aldiko Premium a week ago since I really wanted the ADE support. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the app, so shouldn't complain.

Just wondering though - is the free update exactly the same as the premium version?
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
I bought the Aldiko Premium last week as well.
I guess its okay to support the developer.. Its a great option for reading on the nook.

Although Ive been looking at Cool Reader today because it does the animated page turns and the two page landscape views.. Still trying to see if I like it better than Aldiko, which will be a tough sell.
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
That sucks as I have bought it and havent even entered my ADE credentials yet Ehh but I guess it is cheap
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Is the free version supported by ads? Eh, I paid for Aldiko on my phone months ago, figuring it never hurts to directly support a developer.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Wow the 2.0 looks great and is much easier to use.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
Does the paid version of this app have a pinch-and-zoom functionality? I just installed the free version and can't zoom-in. I have ezPDF which can do that.
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
noaxis2
Enthusiast
noaxis2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted w/autonooter)
Where do you have to put the books? Or is there an option to tell it where the books are? It didn't seem to find my NookBooks! Do I have to move everything to SD card?

Thanks!
noaxis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
Where do you have to put the books? Or is there an option to tell it where the books are? It didn't seem to find my NookBooks! Do I have to move everything to SD card?

Thanks!
Books need to be in /sdcard/ebooks/import

The app won't be able to read B&N ebooks. It's not the same DRM as Adobe's.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
noaxis2
Enthusiast

So the books I put on my NookColor with Calibre need to be moved from the internal memory to the SD card? Will the Nook only find the books in its folder on the SD card? What happened to just telling the computer where to look for books?!?

Do you know where the books go for Cool Reader, Moon Reader and Laputa? I'm trying to compare... Already decided I think I prefer Nook to Kindle for the night reading...

Thanks!

Last edited by noaxis2; 01-18-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: explain
Old 01-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
So the books I put on my NookColor with Calibre need to be moved from the internal memory to the SD card? Will the Nook only find the books in its folder on the SD card? What happened to just telling the computer where to look for books?!?

Do you know where the books go for Cool Reader, Moon Reader and Laputa? I'm trying to compare... Already decided I think I prefer Nook to Kindle for the night reading...

Thanks!
Cool Reader and Moon Reader the books need to be in /sdcard/books. I don't know about Laputa. If you want to use the stock reader then the books need to be in /myfiles/books (internal storage or SD card)

You can duplicate your library if you want. Put the books in /myfiles/books for the stock reader and put the books on the SD card for the ebook apps. They don't take up much space.

Those who want to use Aldiko and Moon+ will put books in /sdcard/ebooks/import and /sdcard/books respectively.

Some may choose just to use one app only and have books in one place.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #12
noaxis2
Enthusiast

Okay...I have books in /books, ebooks/import for the various other readers

Is there a noticeable difference in speed for the Nook if the books are in main memory versus SD card? Just wondering...

Thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Okay...I have books in /books, ebooks/import for the various other readers

Is there a noticeable difference in speed for the Nook if the books are in main memory versus SD card? Just wondering...

Thanks
There shouldn't be a noticeable difference unless you have a huge library.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Books need to be in /sdcard/ebooks/import

The app won't be able to read B&N ebooks. It's not the same DRM as Adobe's.
With the new version, books can be anywhere on the sdcard
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
With the new version, books can be anywhere on the sdcard
Thanks for the correction. That's a nice improvement. This means I can just work out of /sdcard/books for everything.