Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Free (nook/Kindle/iBooks) The Fort by Bernard Cornwell - Enhanced Edition

From HarperCollins, enhanced with audio or video - VERY LARGE FILE

The Fort: A Novel of the Revolutionary War by Bernard Cornwell B&N

Quote:
In The Fort enhanced e-book readers enjoy: A documentary short where Bernard Cornwell walks them through this historic event right where it all happened in modern day Castine, Maine * Extensive additional information about the book's characters and sailing ships *A Revolutionary War timeline * A color map * Author interviews.
Quote:
Product Description
While the major fighting of the war moves to the south in the summer of 1779, a British force of fewer than a thousand Scottish infantry, backed by three sloops-of-war, sails to the desolate and fog-bound coast of New England. Establishing a garrison and naval base at Penobscot Bay, in the eastern province of Massachusetts that would become Maine, the Scots—the only British troops between Canada and New York—harry rebel privateers and give shelter to American loyalists.
In response, Massachusetts sends a fleet of more than forty vessels and some one thousand infantrymen to “captivate, kill or destroy” the foreign invaders. Second in command is Peleg Wadsworth, a veteran of the battles at Lexington and Long Island, once aide to General Washington, and a man who sees clearly what must be done to expel the invaders.

But ineptitude and irresolution lead to a mortifying defeat—and have stunning repercussions for two men on opposite sides: an untested eighteen-year-old Scottish lieutenant named John Moore, who will begin an illustrious military career; and a Boston silversmith and patriot named Paul Revere, who will face court-martial for disobedience and cowardice.

Grounded firmly in history, inimitably told in Cornwell's thrilling narrative style, The Fort is the extraordinary novel of this fascinating clash between a superpower and a nation in the making.

Last edited by apesmom; 06-10-2011 at 04:40 PM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Nice! Never read an "enhanced book" looks like it'll be good too!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Note that it's only for Nook Color. You can "buy" it (free), but then it doesn't let you download to a PC - when you click the download link, it says it's "not yet supported on this device." At least, that's what happened to me...

I was sort of hoping that my son, who doesn't have a Nook Color, but who really likes historical military fiction, could at least read the book, even if the enhanced features wouldn't work. Oh well, it was worth a try, and now it's in my library, in case I do get a Nook Color someday.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Note that it's only for Nook Color. You can "buy" it (free), but then it doesn't let you download to a PC - when you click the download link, it says it's "not yet supported on this device." At least, that's what happened to me...
Same thing happened to me!
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Sorry, I have a NC but didn't try it. Wasn't really interested in the book so I didn't want to waste the storage space on my reader.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Now free at Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WUYQBO?tag=discounter-20
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Just an FYI - if you get the Kindle edition, you can read it on any Kindle (if you download for a physical Kindle, you get a stripped down edition, minus the A/V content; it's still 6.7M, but much smaller than the full a/v book - 490 MB).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
mapabl
Enthusiast
mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: iPad Air, iPad Mini. Nook Glo, Kindle Paperwhite,
Couldn't get it on my NColor

I was not able to download this to my Nook Color. It said my device did not handle that type of file. Confused by this. Did anyone get this to download?
mapabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
For those with iPads, you can also download it from iBooks for free.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Just an FYI - if you get the Kindle edition, you can read it on any Kindle (if you download for a physical Kindle, you get a stripped down edition, minus the A/V content; it's still 6.7M, but much smaller than the full a/v book - 490 MB).
Cool, now my son can read it. He doesn't need the "enhanced content", although it would have been interesting to see what it was...

Thanks for the heads-up!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
JanHicks
Enthusiast
JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JanHicks is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle, iPad
Sounds interesting, although I still need to read the rest of his books. I think I've only read one of his series about England. So many books, so little time!

Jan
JanHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
Just downloaded it for my Pandigital Novel (Kindle). The extra content does not work - oh well. Would have beencool to see.
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote