Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
I infected someone with the Kindle bug

Hi all,

A friend of mine has been won over by my Kindle. Yey!
She wants to buy one from someone locally however, and not directly from amazon (as she wants to avoid heavy customs taxes). My question would be (aside from worries about the Kindle being new or genuine or whatnot): can she then register it with amazon, if she creates an account with them?
I'm thinking she can, since it would be the same situation if I bought it for her, but I'd appreciate some input from you more experienced guys and galls of the forum.

Thanks!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
I brought a Kindle from Ebay.co.uk and had it shipped to Denmark. The Kindle was already registered to the guy I brought it from, but all I had to do was change it on the kindle to use my account instead. Because my account has a danish address, it is currectly locked to Amazon.com.

Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
You should be able to, unless the Kindle is blacklisted (i.e. reported stolen, lost, etc)
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote