Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #196
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Have you unchecked "Screen always on" in Settings? Mine is unchecked and the screen goes off after 5 minutes of no touching.
I need to add that my tablet's screen timeout is set to 5 minutes.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #197
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
Any chance you could add user defined Categories under Filters so I could separate my novels, technical books and magazines?

While I'm at it, any chance you could reset the trial periods so that those of us that have trialed before can take another look since all the recent changes?

Thanks.
You can change the tags associated with them, or add a tag in the software and it will do that....essentially creating your "user defined Category"

And Thanks SCION! I didn't see that option the first time I went through there!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #198
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I have not run into that. Where om the screen?

The only slide I can find is to change the brightness.

Only thing I don't like is the screen timeout seems to be long. I fall asleep reading sometimes, and it seems to he on for a while if I just sit there.
A swipe up increases font size and a swipe down decreases it. The timeout isn't an issue for me. It goes to sleep when it's supposed to.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #199
JosephG
JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Many LCD & e-paper devices
Hello Sherbs!

Yes, user-defined categories will probably be added in the next "big" release, which should be out end of august/early september. We first thought, as JHempl suggests, that tags would be enough but obviously many many people prefer to have an explicit concept of category.

About the trial, we quickly modified this morning our trial policy, to satisfy a request from another user: people who have installed a trial more than 60 days ago can use it again (and upgrade to the latest version) for 7 more days. This is simply a quick fix, and we'll think about a better solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
Any chance you could add user defined Categories under Filters so I could separate my novels, technical books and magazines?

While I'm at it, any chance you could reset the trial periods so that those of us that have trialed before can take another look since all the recent changes?

Thanks.

Last edited by JosephG; 08-10-2011 at 01:15 PM.
JosephG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #200
JosephG
JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.JosephG can teach chickens to fly.

Hi Linter!

Did someone solve your problem? I'm sorry I've been so busy I did not read your answer and I didn't know that you still could not open a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linter View Post
Let's see ... I installed 1.2.4 from google marketplace.

should i work with you to try to resolve this or should i go to customer support through the settings you mention above?

thanks! linter
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #201
JosephG

Hi Aceflor,

Thank you for your positive opinion!
About the night mode: at first, we considered that "a PDF should be displayed exactly unchanged" (like ddavtian said), but we have many many requests for a night mode in PDFs. So..... we'll probably add it. It's not difficult to implement, and we'll try to include it in a release scheduled at the end of august/beginning of september. We have many things to finish before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
It is indeed a good app. Almost perfect. Worth the money imho.
Have I not found it, or is there no night mode on the pdf reader part of it ?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #202
JosephG

Hi Apoc,

You're right, this can be annoying. We'll add a setting to allow disabling it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
What I don't like, is that a casual slide on the screen may change the size of the font. Annoying. I usually set the font size once and then forget it. Is it possible to have this as an option rather than a "feature?"

Or maybe there is a setting that I have overlooked that takes care of that. Any mention in this would be appreciated.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #203
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Coming from Aldiko, I'm really liking it. Great pdf and great epub, too.

One thing I haven't found. When the pages turn, one page slides into another. Pretty, but seems to slow it down. Is there a way around that - I haven't been able to find a setting for it.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #204
sherbs
Enthusiast
sherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheesesherbs can extract oil from cheese

Device: Eee Pad, Galaxy S2
Quote:
Yes, user-defined categories will probably be added in the next "big" release, which should be out end of august/early september. We first thought, as JHempl suggests, that tags would be enough but obviously many many people prefer to have an explicit concept of category.

About the trial, we quickly modified this morning our trial policy, to satisfy a request from another user: people who have installed a trial more than 60 days ago can use it again (and upgrade to the latest version) for 7 more days. This is simply a quick fix, and we'll think about a better solution.
Thanks for that. Should be OK for a new trial round about the time the next version comes out.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #205
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephG View Post
Hi Apoc,

You're right, this can be annoying. We'll add a setting to allow disabling it.
Well, there is no reason for me to delay purchasing it then. Consider me another migrant from Aldiko AND Moon+

Thanks for the prompt response.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #206
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Okay, a couple thing and this would make it a PERFECT reader for me.....is there a way to make the page turns look like page turns?

It's strictly asthetic and offers no REAL value, but I just really like that for some reason LOL.

Also a way to integrate a catalog kind of like Aldiko. Either way I'll be buying this when my trial is up, it's replaced my B&N Stock reader....I was a big supporter of that, but this reader is just awesome!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #207
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
....is there a way to make the page turns look like page turns?

It's strictly asthetic and offers no REAL value, but I just really like that for some reason LOL.
It would be nice to have a choice. I'm a really fast reader and the page turns it now does slows me down (as I mentioned above). For me just a fast flick would be great! So, a choice for folks like you who like to look at the turns and for me really, really quick flick.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #208
linter
linter began at the beginning.

Device: craig
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephG View Post
Hi Linter!

Did someone solve your problem? I'm sorry I've been so busy I did not read your answer and I didn't know that you still could not open a book.
nope, i still can't open it. i sent an email to customer support via the app itself and never got a response there, either.

is there a chance you could help me puzzle this out?
linter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #209
producerism
producerism began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mantano problems...

Just wanted to chime in one this thread, since I purchased Mantano Reader for my Android through the Amazon Appstore about a week ago, and have been having some problems with it.
I was reading an ePUB over the course of a few days, and then unexpectedly, I began getting the "Opening Document Error" message. I was able to delete the book, re-import it and start again, but I lost all of my notes, highlights, and progress.

Now, I started reading another ePUB book (Walden by Thoreau, downloaded via Mantano Bookfinder) and after reading for a few days, I got the same error message as before.

I downloaded two other ePUB readers (Moon Reader and Aldiko) and they both open the file as expected. I've tried clearing the cache for Mantano in my android settings, but that doesn't seem to work. Although I purchased Mantano, I decided to purchase Moon Reader as well, and use that instead since it's the only thing close - and doesn't have this problem.

The actual device is a Barnes & Noble Nook Color, running CM7 Nightly #150. I realize that automatically means I'm probably not supported... but the fact is, other ePUB apps are working fine.

I submitted an official support ticket via the website, and hoping I can figure out a solution. For now, I would have to recommend Moon Reader over Mantano because of this.
producerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #210
Apoc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerism View Post
The actual device is a Barnes & Noble Nook Color, running CM7 Nightly #150. I realize that automatically means I'm probably not supported... but the fact is, other ePUB apps are working fine.
Yes, other apps work fine and it seems that Mantano is the problem, but on the other hand how many users who use it with a stable CM7 release report such problem? The only way to know for sure is to load a stable release and check things out. It seems to me that evaluating two packages at the same time is folly, one can't be certain where the problem originates.