Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #16
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
What is your OS PC ?
If you could see your Cybook when it's plugged, you should replace the system folder by your backup version.
I think he can't see it. I quote:
"The Gen3 doesn't load as a USB device, so I suppose using the USB seems out of the question."
I connected my turned off Cybook and computer recognized it only after complete booting sequence and that's something he cannot achieve. He can only try re-flashing...

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #17
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
With a real reset, the screen would become black for a while.
Not true.
The reset button just seems to disconnect the power line from the battery, leaving the device without power for the time the button is pressed. Since the e-ink display does need power to change screen, it will obiously keep displaying whatever it just is ...

@agari:
Did you try and contact Bookeen support?
They should be able to provide you the neccessary update files.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:34 AM   #18
agari
agari began at the beginning.

Device: none
Angry

Okay, so here's the details of my disappointment:

I downloaded the two versions of Build 796, the fmt version available at the wiki of this forum, and the one that came directly from Bookeen through http://www.bookeen.com/support/ebook-firmware.aspx

I tried each. Put one on the SD card, placed it in, switched on, then clicked the button for a long time. It still hanged. I put the other one, repeated the proces. It still hanged.

My understanding of this is that it hangs up somewhere before anything really happens on the device.

I understand the next step is to contact Bookeen. I will.

But does anyone suggest anything else I should try before that?

Thanks all.

PS, for the person who asked. I use Ubuntu, the Cybook Gen3 was quite happy with it.
agari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
From what you describing, i would say the internal sd is faulty.
As you can't connect it though usb to run a cheek disk, you probably don't have any other solution but to contact bookeen.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen, help please, reflashing