Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Limit on length of saved regex?

I recently put together two searches (on for UK punctuation and one for US punctuation) that identify dialogue that's missing an opening or closing punctuation mark. That's the good news.

Bad news is, they're pretty long. The UK one is CRAZY long (nearly 600 characters).

The worse news is, if i wanted to be really comprehensive, the UK search would be even longer.

My question is simply: is there a built-in limit to the length of a save-able regex search?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote