Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
rayh
rayh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle latest Generation
Kindle Collections not showing in Calibre

Hi,

I have been using collections on my Kindle3 to enable easy finding by author.
This works fine but now any books I now put into either an existing collection or a new new one do not show in Calibre as being in a collection. They are showing as being in the collection on the Kindle, this problem has only happened on later versions of Calibre, I am presently using version 8.1, I don't know when the problem started but certainly wasn't there 6 months ago.

Ray
rayh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
kharntiitar
kharntiitar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
Hi Rayh, please have a quick look at this FAQ link , which I believe would explain the issue ...
kharntiitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
rayh
rayh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle latest Generation
Kindle Collections not showing in Calibre

Thanks Kharntiitar but that is not really the problem. The books that were entered into collections a couple of months ago are showing in Calibre as being in those collections, however any that I try & put into the collections now show on the Kindle as being in the collection but do not show as being in the collection on Calibre!! This appears to have happened with one of the upgrades to Calibre.

Ray
rayh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is a side effect of the change in calibre a few versions back to allow cross device furthest read syncing with calibre books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
And it can be fixed but I need to get some more time to look at the code. Its working in a test version under certain circumstances but may require some more changes to calibre to work in all cases, or for me to understand the code better
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #6
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
So Calibre currently does not list/read the "collections" for the Kindle 3, under the "device" mode/list? Only the plugin will do this? If so, that's too bad.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
timtam5
timtam5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for posting this problem. I was about to do so.
I have been putting my books into different collections on my Kindle. When I connect to Calibre, the device view does not show anything in the the collections column.
Regards.
timtam5 is offline   Reply With Quote