Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
rkillings
rkillings is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Question customizing the toolbar

I've customized the toolbar in calibre to remove and reorder icons the way I want, and it works -- *until* I connect my device (Kindle), at which point the toolbar reverts to the default configuration, with icons I don't want to see in an order I don't prefer. As soon as I eject the device, the toolbar goes back to my customized selection.

Is this by design? Is there a good reason for this behavior? Or am I missing some step I could be taking?

I'd like not to have to click twice to get to Preferences (because it has been bumped off the toolbar at the right) just because the device is connected.
rkillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkillings View Post
I've customized the toolbar in calibre to remove and reorder icons the way I want, and it works -- *until* I connect my device (Kindle), at which point the toolbar reverts to the default configuration, with icons I don't want to see in an order I don't prefer. As soon as I eject the device, the toolbar goes back to my customized selection.

Is this by design? Is there a good reason for this behavior? Or am I missing some step I could be taking?
This is by design, different toolbars for different states of being. You must customize both toolbars. Go to Preferences - Toolbar and click the dropdown arrow (see attached) and choose the toolbar when connected to a device and modify that one too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toolbars.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	75777  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #3
rkillings

Red face

Thanks, dwanthny. The rationale makes sense. And I *was* missing something -- that wee tiny pulldown arrow so far to the right of "The main toolbar" in big, bold, black letters! All is well now.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:37 AM   #4
rkillings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
This is by design, different toolbars for different states of being. You must customize both toolbars. Go to Preferences - Toolbar and click the dropdown arrow (see attached) and choose the toolbar when connected to a device and modify that one too.
P.S. This is what the dropdown arrow looks like on my screen (attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toolbar tiny arrow.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	76003  

Tags
calibre, customization, toolbar