Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It may not be the CSS. But instead something wrong in the code in the XML files. I had an issue where I had a <h2> and no closing </h2> so the text in that XML came out all bold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #47
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
One tiny error in the CSS and my reader (ADE) ignores that section.

It looked fine on the PC (Sigil and Calibre)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #48
Ola Morris
Ola Morris began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 600
Any ideas how to sort it out? It's driving me mad!
Ola Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #49
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I recall a similar problem some time ago. It turned out to be a problem in the @font-face declaration of the embedded font; it had an alternative font given in the declaration, but alternatives should only be used in the font references. Perhaps if you post your css file we can sort out the problem.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #50
Ola Morris
Ola Morris began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 600
Guys, I have sorted it. Finally.
I seem to be able to covert books ok now. My only concerns is why some books in PDF take aaaages to convert into PDF?
Ola Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola Morris View Post
Guys, I have sorted it. Finally.
I seem to be able to covert books ok now. My only concerns is why some books in PDF take aaaages to convert into PDF?
PDF to PDF? Why?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #52
IGOR_G
IGOR_G began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T View Post
I created a simple plugin for Calibre that embeds fonts into epub as a part of the conversion process.

Any feedback is welcome.
I downloaded and installed this plugin into Calibre. However, the Cyrillic text is still not readable. It replaces Cyrillic characters with other crazy symbols.

Can you advise?
IGOR_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #53
steelart
steelart began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 603
Here you can get the my program which patch existent epub file by inserting fonts
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18464173/epub-patch.jar
(also it contains source java file, so you can modify program)
steelart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #54
goto
goto began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelart View Post
Here you can get the my program which patch existent epub file by inserting fonts
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18464173/epub-patch.jar
(also it contains source java file, so you can modify program)
It doesn't work for me at all.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #55
fromrussia
fromrussia began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Plugin from artshim works fine on Windows 7, but doesn't work on Mac OS X Lion. Is there any way to make it work on Mac OS X?

Thanks in advance!
fromrussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #56
vferdman
vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch (black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T View Post
I created a simple plugin for Calibre that embeds fonts into epub as a part of the conversion process.

Any feedback is welcome.
How does one install this plugin on Calibre?
vferdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #57
vferdman
vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.vferdman can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch (black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery View Post
This is my simple step by step guide how to embed fonts in epub files after Calibre convertion. For me the most important advantage is that ADE and my reader device finally show readable Cyrillic letters instead of ???.

1. When you convert with Calibre turn on "No default cover" available at EPUB Output!
I had the ????? problem with (some) Russian epubs and the fonts seemed to be fine in the epub (embedded). As soon as I did a conversion of an epub that caused ???? with "No default cover" (epub to epub) the Russian characters showed up perfectly. Any ideas?
vferdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #58
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Hi,
I managed to embed fonts once in an epub but I'm having problems with a second one.
I followed the instructions and added the extra css body { etc and on Calibre's viewer it seems to be working fine but on my Sony PRS-T1 I'm getting ??? for every greek accented character.

Here's the resulting epub. Could anybody help please?
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #59
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by entodoays View Post
Hi,
I managed to embed fonts once in an epub but I'm having problems with a second one.
I followed the instructions and added the extra css body { etc and on Calibre's viewer it seems to be working fine but on my Sony PRS-T1 I'm getting ??? for every greek accented character.

Here's the resulting epub. Could anybody help please?
That looks like the same epub someone was having trouble with in this thread (post #13). You could see if the same solution suits you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #60
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Thank you very much. That worked very well.
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote