Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
Cover size on Metadata Page

On my Laptop when using the "Edit Metadata Window" the books cover image is displayed as a small thumbnail size. Whereas on my PC it is show as an full size image. Is there something I can do to get the laptop to show the image as full size in the Edit Metadata window.
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
depends on the available screen space. You can see the full cover by selecting the book in the list and clicking in the status area or right clicking and shoosing show book details
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
Yes when I Click on the book from the library I see the full size image for the cover. Where I was actually meaning is on the Windows GUI. Click on Edit Metadata and when I click fetch cover image from server, I think a normal image is downloaded but only a tiny thumbnail is display. I can not make out much detail on the image as is approx 2cm x 1cm. On my other computer the image is a lot larger when I download an image. Its not a big deal, just caught my eye when a really badly blurred book cover was displayed.
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I believe that the size shown in the GUI deends on the resolution of the image fetched from the server (which can vary a lot).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As itimpi said, basically calibre rescales the image to fit it in the available space without changing its aspect ratio (i.e width vs height)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert