Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur
DoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmos

Device: T68 Lynx, T68+
Onyx Boox J25 Serial Port?

Hi all. I'm trying to use the J25 header on the right-hand side of my T68 as a serial port so that I can connect a GPS device. Apparently, other Boox devices also have the J25 header, e.g. the M96.

Does anybody have any details of this, e.g. pinouts. I believe on the T68 that it's 3.3V levels and connected to /dev/ttymxc0, but I have had no luck in working out which pin does what.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions and pointers.
Warren
DoctorWkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Do you mean this header: http://c2n.me/3pUjmGt.jpg ?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur
DoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Do you mean this header: http://c2n.me/3pUjmGt.jpg ?
Yes, that's the one! Thanks, Warren
Old 11-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #4
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur

Anybody else with any information on the J25 header on any Onyx device?
Thanks, Warren
Old 11-18-2015, 04:15 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWkt View Post
Yes, that's the one! Thanks, Warren

left -------- > right:
1 2 3 4 5
NC NC RX TX GND
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2015, 06:23 AM   #6
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur

Many thanks Booxtor. And what Linux /dev device is it? /dev/ttymxc0 at 115,200 baud? 3.3V levels?

Cheers, Warren
Old 11-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #7
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur

Hmm, I'm still not having any luck. I've soldered in three wires to the RX, TX, and GND pins. I've killed off the shell using /dev/ttymxc0 and I've renamed the character device so that the shell doesn't reopen it.

How: lsof | grep ttymxc0 to get the shell's PID
mv /dev/ttymxc0 /dev/fred
kill -9 shell's PID
microcom -s 115200 /dev/fred

I did a loopback test using microcom and wiring the TX and RX lines together. I didn't see anything. I've tried a bunch of different speeds with no luck. I'm starting to suspect that the device is powered down, based on this line in init.freescale.rc: write /sys/devices/platform/imx-uart.0/tty/ttymxc0/power/wakeup disabled

I did echo enabled > /sys/devices/platform/imx-uart.0/tty/ttymxc0/power/wakeup but that didn't change anything.

Anyway, I don't think that anybody can help me out, so this post is just a "marker" in case someone else travels down this path.

Cheers all & thanks Booxtor for the information.
Warren
Old 12-01-2015, 02:51 AM   #8
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur

As a followup, I've bought a Bitscope Micro oscilloscope to look at the waveforms on these wires. I am not seeing anything, so perhaps the serial port is not implemented on the T68ML.

Cheers, Warren