Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #16
johey
johey began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Max2 Pro and M92
Received my battery today, bought from the link pvdas posted. It came totally unlabeled (not as the picture). It took me a while to even understand what it was. I thought it was some lsd backlight or something.

Anyway, I disassembled my M92 and removed the original battery, just to realize the new one is not identical. It has a smaller connector and the battery itself is a little narrower. I have sent a question to the seller. We'll see if/how he replies.

Until further notice, I would not recommend buying this battery.
johey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:54 AM   #17
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Does anybody know of a current source for batteries for the M92?

All the old links fail, and I've tried some new links from Ali Express, but have never received the item. I've also tried using cssbuy, but they say they can't ship batteries.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2017, 12:48 AM   #18
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
Does anybody know of a current source for batteries for the M92?

All the old links fail, and I've tried some new links from Ali Express, but have never received the item. I've also tried using cssbuy, but they say they can't ship batteries.
It is 3.7 V and 1600 mAh, the same as used in ipod 1st gen. Maybe find one locally. No matter where you buy, the connector is unlikely to be right. What's more, if you buy on aliexpress you might get a battery with two wires instead of the normal 3.
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:28 PM   #19
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4H35H View Post
No matter where you buy, the connector is unlikely to be right. What's more, if you buy on aliexpress you might get a battery with two wires instead of the normal 3.
Yeah, the 3 wires is the problem. I find it hard to believe that no one selling Onyx readers also sells batteries for them.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:41 AM   #20
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Quote:
Yeah, the 3 wires is the problem. I find it hard to believe that no one selling Onyx readers also sells batteries for them.
I'd try contacting them through their websites. It is possible they have them in stock
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2017, 03:04 AM   #21
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
We did sell batteries in the past and still have them in stock. The problem is the German post does not allow to send them any more. Not as sole batteries and not as part of the device. They consider them as dangerous goods. I don't know how, but they recognise them in the package and just return the package, but not paid shipping fee. We have lost several hundred Euro as they just start to return many packages last year labelling them with Li-Ion batteries inside /dangerous goods labels. In exceptional cases we send batteries, but the problem is that 1 of 3 sending could be returned because of that reason.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #22
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
We did sell batteries in the past and still have them in stock. The problem is the German post does not allow to send them any more. Not as sole batteries and not as part of the device. They consider them as dangerous goods. I don't know how, but they recognise them in the package and just return the package, but not paid shipping fee. We have lost several hundred Euro as they just start to return many packages last year labelling them with Li-Ion batteries inside /dangerous goods labels. In exceptional cases we send batteries, but the problem is that 1 of 3 sending could be returned because of that reason.
Hello Booxtor,

Have an other way to send a battery without using the German post ?

Randy11
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:22 AM   #23
pochopsp
Connoisseur
pochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92 & Nova Pro
I would be interested too in having a new battery, I don't trust the ones from aliexpress a lot. So I join Randy's question... Is there a way to still have batteries from you @Booxtor ?
pochopsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:14 AM   #24
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hello Booxtor,

Have an other way to send a battery without using the German post ?

Randy11
German Post is just the cheapest way. Shipping by UPS would work, but the shipping price would be way too high. Please just let a message in the contact form of our website. If you urgently need a battery, we could go the risk and try to send it via Deutsche Post (German Post). Sometimes it works.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:11 AM   #25
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
German Post is just the cheapest way. Shipping by UPS would work, but the shipping price would be way too high. Please just let a message in the contact form of our website. If you urgently need a battery, we could go the risk and try to send it via Deutsche Post (German Post). Sometimes it works.
Thanks Booxtor,
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #26
nabsltd
Evangelist

Quote:
German Post is just the cheapest way. Shipping by UPS would work, but the shipping price would be way too high.
Would UPS shipping become more reasonable on a per-battery basis if a lot of batteries were purchased?

We could then do a group purchase for the US, send to one address, and re-send using normal US methods to all the purchasers.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #27
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Would UPS shipping become more reasonable on a per-battery basis if a lot of batteries were purchased?

We could then do a group purchase for the US, send to one address, and re-send using normal US methods to all the purchasers.
If you want to place a wholesaler order for batteries, I suggest to contact Onyx directly. It will be much easier to arrange shipping from China via UPS.
For occasional orders you can still contact me via our website. Actually in my experience those batteries have quite long life time expectation. Until now we had to deal with just 5-6 really defective batteries, which must be replaced.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:34 AM   #28
nabsltd
Evangelist

Quote:
If you want to place a wholesaler order for batteries, I suggest to contact Onyx directly. It will be much easier to arrange shipping from China via UPS.
I was talking about 10-20 batteries, not wholesale quantities. Still, if you have specific contact info, that might be worth it.

Quote:
Actually in my experience those batteries have quite long life time expectation. Until now we had to deal with just 5-6 really defective batteries, which must be replaced.
Although mine is still decent for how long it runs the system, it is suffering quite badly from an inaccurate gauge, so that when it drops two bars from max, I never know if I have 10 minutes or 10 days left, because it never seems to drop below that...it just locks up or powers off.

Since nobody seems to want to build a significantly better 9-10" eInk reader, I expect to need this device to last for another 10-15 years, so having a few spares is important.

Tags
battery, m92