Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #2686
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just don't be surprised if Skin Game isn't out when the count says it is.
You've said that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
It's mostly a long running joke, not a hardcore belief.
Plus if it comes out in a month then bonus. If not who cares? We'll just update the countdown.
Couldn't've said it better myself.

The irrational optimist believes Skin Game will be released in:
30 DAYS!

(Yes, I know it's still 41 minutes shy of that time, but I'm not waiting that long to post so just read this tomorrow. )
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #2687
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The first one appears to not be available, and the second one is the only result when searching the website for "changes jim butcher" so I'm guessing the first link is some sort of prepublishing placeholder.

I know on amazon you sometimes find ASINs for copies of a book that are unreachable from their website search but are still linked elsewhere and remain valid. I think it happens when the publisher uploads an edited version (maybe they fix the ToC or update the title or whatever) and accidentally submits it as a new version.

EDIT: On second thought I see you're from Australia. Maybe the first link is for a magical Australian version? What do I know?
Both came up when I search here and both appear to be purchasable. When I searched on the series, most of the books have two editions here. Looking at the full search results might explain it. This includes "Small Favour" and "Small Favor". It looks like we are getting both the UK and US English versions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #2688
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool a long running joke

Quote:
Plus if it comes out in a month then bonus. If not who cares? We'll just update the countdown.
Well stated.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #2689
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Both came up when I search here and both appear to be purchasable. When I searched on the series, most of the books have two editions here. Looking at the full search results might explain it. This includes "Small Favour" and "Small Favor". It looks like we are getting both the UK and US English versions.
Despite the fact that the link is to /en-US/ ... What will they think of next?
Old 11-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #2690
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Despite the fact that the link is to /en-US/ ... What will they think of next?
The available books depend on the country in your address when you login. It doesn't check this against the URL. You can pick the country that is best for you current shopping purposes.
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #2691
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The available books depend on the country in your address when you login. It doesn't check this against the URL. You can pick the country that is best for you current shopping purposes.
So they just leave the country code in there for fun and to confuse you? HA! I was right!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #2692
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So they just leave the country code in there for fun and to confuse you? HA! I was right!
They appear to be using it for language. You can change the display language and that part of the URL changes. But, yes, it is confusing.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #2693
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I'm doing my 4th (IIRC) read-through of the series and right now I'm just about 2/3 of the way through Changes. I wonder how many folks other than we 3 might also be re-reading the series in preperation for the release of Skin Game. Myself, I don't seem to ever get tired of re-reading it. Enjoy!

I finished my 4th re-read last month. I couldn't wait any longer. I really wanted to finish Cold Days just before the release of Skin Game, but I'm way too impatient. Once I start the series, I just can't stop myself from reading the rest .
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #2694
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
30 DAYS!

(Yes, I know it's still 41 minutes shy of that time, but I'm not waiting that long to post so just read this tomorrow. )
It all depends on where you are...it was 12:19am EST when you posted this
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #2695
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Karma coming your way!

29 DAYS UNTIL SKIN GAME!!!!

Old 11-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #2696
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

28 DAYS!

(Slightly changed my message to satisfy certain party poopers -- I'm looking at you, JSWolf, you curmudgeon, you!)
Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #2697
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
For something to read while waiting for Skin Game, the first book in Devon Monk's new series Broken Magic, Hell Bent, comes out today. This is a spin-off from her Allie Beckstrom series, and stars Shame and Terric. Shame was my favourite character from that series, so I have high expectations for this book!

(I'll add that it is couponable from Kobo if you are visiting Mexico.)
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #2698
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Skin game, finally a listing on Amazon USA

Skin Game (The Dresden Files) [Kindle Edition]

No release date
No cover
No description
No price

But at least a listing! It's progress!

Old 11-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #2699
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

No release date
No cover
No description
No price

That's more than Amazon.ca is showing.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #2700
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

No release date
No cover
No description
No price

Oops! I was too hasty! There is a so-called description with a publication date!

Book Description
Publication Date: January 16, 2014
Meet Harry Dresden, Chicago's first (and only) Wizard PI. Turns out the 'everyday' world is full of strange and magical things - and most of them don't play well with humans. That's where Harry comes in.

But he's forgotten his own golden rule: magic - it can get a guy killed.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy