Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #16
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
I got this strange error, see attachment, and I was wondering is it a bug. Error shows up for some of my ebooks but for some it doesn't. At first, I was thinking is there something wrong with my way to zip my ebooks but I have used the same workflow for all my ebooks. Why this error shows up for some of my books and not all of them? For me, it looks like it's a bug because OEBPS folder isn't required in the OPF manifest as you know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flightcrew.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	59428  
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain View Post
my ePubs have an image cover page with structure borrowed from a baen book. Flight Crew reports that the svg element can't sit in one of several tags. It's actually in a body element which is not mentioned in the list.
See here. The message says not that the <svg> can only sit in those tags, but that only those tags are allowed where the <svg> sits (and neither "svg" nor "img" are listed). The solution is putting the <svg> inside a <div>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chang View Post
I got this strange error, see attachment, and I was wondering is it a bug. Error shows up for some of my ebooks but for some it doesn't. At first, I was thinking is there something wrong with my way to zip my ebooks but I have used the same workflow for all my ebooks. Why this error shows up for some of my books and not all of them? For me, it looks like it's a bug because OEBPS folder isn't required in the OPF manifest as you know.
See here. That's a bug occurring when you have same-file fragment references, i.e., things like href="#section-1" (with no filename before the #).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #18
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chang View Post
I got this strange error, see attachment, and I was wondering is it a bug.
That's a confirmed bug that's already fixed in trunk.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #19
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I have a question: is FlightCrew embedded in Sigil 0.3.0, or is it still a separate program??
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I have a question: is FlightCrew embedded in Sigil 0.3.0, or is it still a separate program??
It is well hidden (in RC2), if it is
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 06:18 AM   #21
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Question :

I've downloaded FlightCrew-gui-0.7.0-Windows-x86_64-Setup.exe on two separate occasions and they appear in my 'downloads list'. Norton Internet Security is preventing my access to the .exe file, to run it.

Is this a problem anybody else has had ?

Edit : Norton has quarantined the file....

Last edited by GeoffC; 10-10-2010 at 06:27 AM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #22
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Still separate. It will be embedded in Sigil some time after 0.3.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Question :

I've downloaded FlightCrew-gui-0.7.0-Windows-x86_64-Setup.exe on two separate occasions and they appear in my 'downloads list'. Norton Internet Security is preventing my access to the .exe file, to run it.

Is this a problem anybody else has had ?

Edit : Norton has quarantined the file....
It's a false positive. There is no malware in FlightCrew. You can always build from source if you doubt me.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #23
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It may be a false positive, I don't doubt, but I can't 'get' to the file on my PC - not to worry at the moment, there will come a time when Symantec will realise - so far according to my help message only 5 other Norton product users have accessed the file ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just ran FlightCrew get the following error that I have no idea how to fix...

Quote:
element 'svg' is not allowed for content model '(p|h1|h2|h3|h4|h5|h6|div|ul|ol|dl|pre|hr|blockquo te|address|fieldset|table|switch|form|noscript|ins |del|script)'
the code it refers to is ...

Code:
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" height="100%" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 470 800" width="100%">
	<rect fill="#000007" height="100%" width="470" x="0" y="0"/>
	<image height="800" transform="translate(0 0)" width="510" xlink:href="MSRCover.jpg"/>
</svg>
Now the ePub fully validates.

Just fixed the problem. The solution is...

Code:
<div><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" height="100%" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 470 800" width="100%">
	<rect fill="#000007" height="100%" width="470" x="0" y="0"/>
	<image height="800" transform="translate(0 0)" width="510" xlink:href="MSRCover.jpg"/>
</svg></div>

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-10-2010 at 09:32 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #25
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Below is one line of many reported by Flight Crew on the attached sigil file.

Code:
The Voice on the Wire.epub/OEBPS/Text/CHAPTER_I.xhtml|32|attribute 'name' is not declared for element 'a'
Opening the file in Sigil and going to the indicated line, I find nothing even similar. This occurs throughout the the file. Can someone help me interpret the message?
Attached Files
File Type: epub Voice on the Wire, The.epub (1.17 MB, 289 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #26
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
well, this error (from epubcheck, but comparable to FC)

Code:
ERROR: voice_on_the_wire.epub/OEBPS/Text/CHAPTER_I.xhtml(32): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
is referring to this line

Code:
  <p><a name="2HCH0001"></a></p>
but the code looks legit to me.
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_name.asp

unless you can't have just an <a> tag alone inside a <p> or some gotcha like that. I'll be looking forward to finding out what's up myself.

PS: Tidy says "Warning <a> cannot copy name attribute to id" but I don't get that either.

Last edited by st_albert; 10-13-2010 at 04:58 PM.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #27
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
If I'm not mistaken, the "name" attribute is depreciated. You are supposed to use the "id" attribute instead.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #28
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
And note that you do not need an <a> to set an anchor with "id", you can add the "id" attribute to any element and have it work like an anchor, like this:

Code:
<p id="interesting-paragraph">This paragraph is very interesting.</p>

<p>The <a href="#interesting-paragraph">above paragraph</p> was very interesting.</p>
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:40 AM   #29
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
I understand all that you guys have said. Where I have a question is on the line number reported by Flight Crew. When I open the section called out, go to codeview and scroll to that line number as shown on the left of the display, there is nothing related to the error reported. What am I doing wrong or minunderstanding?

As far as "id" and "name" goes, I use Tidy 4.0 as a pretty printer for the PG files. It always replaces "id" with "id' + "name".

<a id=...></a> becomes <a id=... name=...></a>. This format is used through out many PG files and has never caused a problem before. If it's not broke, leave it alone.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #30
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I understand all that you guys have said. Where I have a question is on the line number reported by Flight Crew. When I open the section called out, go to codeview and scroll to that line number as shown on the left of the display, there is nothing related to the error reported. What am I doing wrong or minunderstanding?
You are forgetting that Sigil will pretty-print the XHTML code when it opens the epub, thus adding whitespace for readability. The line numbers will sometimes not match.

Extract the epub file you fed to FC and look at the content files; the location will be correct.