Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #2641
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I thought I'd cobble together a faux Skin Game cover.

If you'd like a larger version then download it from here!

P.S. Changed to new versions of the cover.

Oh and given that the title is called Skin Game, I'd expect to see more skin from Harry even if it is because of ripped clothes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #2642
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
My sister just discovered The Dresden Files. She lives in another state and when we phone one another for our 'catch-up chats' all she wants to talk about is Harry.

She would love this forum.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #2643
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Oh and given that the title is called Skin Game, I'd expect to see more skin from Harry even if it is because of ripped clothes.
Here you go, straight from Harry's "The Boys of Chicago" calendar shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SkinGame.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	114111  
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #2644
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #2645
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool your sister...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
My sister just discovered The Dresden Files. She lives in another state and when we phone one another for our 'catch-up chats' all she wants to talk about is Harry.

She would love this forum.
Does your sister have web browsing capability? If she does then send her here to join us.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #2646
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Skin Game cover

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post

The definition of the term SKIN GAME is 'a swindling game or trick'. The First Known Use of the term SKIN GAME was in 1868 and has absolutely nothing to do with nakedness or the showing of skin.

P.S. I Love the new pic of Molly!

Last edited by alansplace; 10-28-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: add info...
Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #2647
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Does your sister have web browsing capability? If she does then send her here to join us.

Quote:

P.S. I Love the new pic of Molly!

She's my sweet lil' Strawberry!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #2648
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Any Dresden fans reading / have read Harry Connolly? Just picked up the first book in the Twenty Palaces series yesterday. Not because I need more books, obviously, but I kept coming across it and finally gave in. Don't know when I'll get to reading it but probably soon, if it entices me out of my Hollows binge.
I have and I really liked them. Too bad the publisher didn't think they sold enough to continue the series.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #2649
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
I have and I really liked them. Too bad the publisher didn't think they sold enough to continue the series.
That's a shame, but it's also kind of nice to know I'm only taking on three books instead of a whole 'nother ongoing series. I've got enough of those in progress.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #2650
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Harry Connolly

Quote:
Any Dresden fans reading / have read Harry Connolly? Just picked up the first book in the Twenty Palaces series yesterday. Not because I need more books, obviously, but I kept coming across it and finally gave in. Don't know when I'll get to reading it but probably soon, if it entices me out of my Hollows binge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
I've never read him but I posted a thing about him from Jum Butcher's web site a while back. He's now self publishing, I believe.

Quote:
Quoted from jim-butcher.com
If you're interested, go check out either my post or Butcher's web site.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #2651
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've never read him but I posted a thing about him from Jum Butcher's web site a while back. He's now self publishing, I believe.

If you're interested, go check out either my post or Butcher's web site.

Yeah, I found out about that on Connolly's web site. The trilogy that the kickstarter was for doesn't really interest me much. I am glad it was successfully funded, though.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #2652
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
For some reason, I never thought of Harry of being so buffed. I picked him more like a geek.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #2653
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

According to Fantastic Fiction, Ghoul Goblin (a graphic novel by Jim Butcher and Mark Powers) is due out December 3, 2013.

Quote:
Harry Dresden, a Chicago private investigator and wizard, heads to a small, isolated Missouri town terrorized by Nevernever monsters. The singularly unfortunate Talbot family has suffered a curse that has decimated their number for generations, and only our hero can save them... that is, if he can survive hostile lawmen, the dark secrets of townsfolk, an ancient guardian spirit, and two deadly carnivores! Can Dresden cleanse the Talbot bloodline of its curse without a blood sacrifice of his own?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dynamite-entertainment-jim-butchers-dresden-files-ghoul-goblin-issue-1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	114120  

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-28-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #2654
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
According to Fantastic Fiction, Ghoul Goblin (a graphic novel by Jim Butcher and Mark Powers) is due out December 3, 2013.
It's the hardback complete edition of the 6-issue comic. #6 was just recently released, I think. I got behind, so I only have the first 3.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #2655
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It's the hardback complete edition of the 6-issue comic. #6 was just recently released, I think. I got behind, so I only have the first 3.
I've not read any of the graphic novels. Does anyone know where they fit in between the novels and shorts? Not just this one, but all of the Dresden graphic novels.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy