Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Eurisko
Eurisko began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
Question Convert OliveTree (.pdb) OTML to anything?

I previously went down the path of installing all my ereaders on my iPhone to support all the various formatsI own books in.

Then found Calibre and ways to remove DRM from books in other formats, and began the process of coverting them ALL into epub, and man, this has made my life so much better. Now, just one ereader app on my device to fool with.

I have only 7 books left in my library that I have been unable to convert. They are from OliveTree, and are .PDB extensions, and I think are in their own "OTML" format (Olive Tree Markup Language).

Is there any converters/plugs for Calibre, etc to convert these with? I have poked around and have yet to be able to find anything.

I could likely find the same books in other formats already on the net, but I do own them, and would prefer to just convert them vs resorting to other means.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Eurisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why not use the OliveTree iPhone app?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Eurisko
Eurisko began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why not use the OliveTree iPhone app?
Just like I had said in my previous post, I like having ONE ereader instead of a dozen. I wanted to ditch all others and just have one. Also, by putting all my books into epub, I can drop them into iBooks on my iphone, and it keeps my bookmarks synced when I open the same book on my iPad as well. Very handy.

Also lets me move over to a Kindle, or Nook device later if I want to. I love having this freedom with all of my other books to move around now since I discovered Calibre.
Eurisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
dmacscott
dmacscott began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I don't know of a converter for Olive Tree's "OTML," but the unique thing about their library system is how all the books get connected. With my iPad and iPhone I can be reading in a book and have the split window open to the Resource Guide. Everything in my library that corresponds to the main window automatically shows up there so I don't have to go to each reference.
dmacscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, convert drm, olivetree, otml