Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #16
oboy
oboy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
They are almost only lrf files ... bookdesigner is fine, but isn´t importing pictures and tables from a pdf file.
Book Designer has some major flaws, such as erasing tables from HTML, not allowing blockquoting, etc. It's one of those programs that has loads of potential, but isn't quite there yet. I've been working within its confines, and am getting decent results.
oboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try html2lrf it support tables and blockquotes and what have you.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy View Post
Book Designer has some major flaws, such as erasing tables from HTML, not allowing blockquoting, etc. It's one of those programs that has loads of potential, but isn't quite there yet. I've been working within its confines, and am getting decent results.
It only "erases tables" if you have the "Remove Tables" box checked in the "Settings" dialog. Otherwise, it converts them into text.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:07 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
They are almost only lrf files ... bookdesigner is fine, but isn´t importing pictures and tables from a pdf file.
The PDF import is very simple. It'll just import the text. And I'm not even sure it will keep the styles. You'll have to find a better way to convert your PDF to something BD understands. It's not the fault of BD. BD was never meant as a full PDF converter. Me, I avoid PDF whenever I can. It's just not worth the hassle overall.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote