Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
svetlanahedge
svetlanahedge began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Create a book cover

Hi list,

I'm new to eBooks, I got a Sony PRS-600 for Christmas :-)

I'd like to know how to create and insert, format a cover for a book that Calibre (great piece of software) cannot find on the Net.

TIA

S
svetlanahedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The easiest thing to do is make a PNG or JPG for the cover. Open "Edit meta information" and on the bottom right under where it says change cover image, click the open button. Select your cover image. When you convert this image will be used as the cover.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
svetlanahedge
svetlanahedge began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thank you user_none.
svetlanahedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
My favourite fix for this is to manually find a cover on the internet and then use that.

Goodreads have a lot and there is always Google.

Sometimes if you enter an ISBN number into Calibre it will find the cover by itself.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I usually use Google image search to find a cover - takes no more than a minute or two. Save it on my desktop and add in calibre.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert