Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up [Fixed 2.26] V2.25 Comic covers

Quote:
When getting cover from comic files, use smart filename sorting to find the first filename, recognizing numbers inside the filenames.
Would it possible to provide a tweak that allows the use of the previous 'dumb' sorting convention for this - IIRC when I questioned what the convention was (years ago), the answer was 'canonical sorting'.

I have created 8000+ 'comix' using that convention. My file naming practices (which are automated), are specifically 'designed' to produce the right result with the old convention:

Code:
<title>.jpg         is the cover picture 
<title>_0000.jpg 
...                 are the images in the desired sequence
<title>_nnnn.jpg
Windows, Winrar, and my preferred CBZ reader all present <title>.jpg as the first image. In v2.22 and earlier <title>.jpg would be shown as the cover, but in v2.25 I get <title>_0000.jpg as the cover.

Added : my 'comix' aren't published comics, they're real photo collections, including time lapse sequences. I do have some (dozens) Korean Manwha, they're not the problem.

BR

Been on a Vassa retreat, sometimes known as the "Rains Retreat", Vassa is sort of Buddhist equivalent of Lent, Ramadan, Passover etc. Yes, I know its the wrong time of the year, but I'm down under remember, where the moon is upside down... We had to abandon the retreat due to all the rain

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-24-2015 at 03:07 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This should take care of it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...0b8b2432ca0b83
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2015, 11:32 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

Thanks - BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote