Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Any way to transfer notes from iPad to PC?

The title says it all. How - if possible at all - can I transfer notes made with the iPad "Notes" app, to my PC?

Thanks,
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I could always send them as an email, I suppose. Any better method?
Advert
Old 01-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

With a Mac it is possible via the Mac OS X Notes app and the iCloud. But I'm not sure if there are any Windows based apps that would sync via iCloud. Surely there must be some Windows apps available that could do this.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Apparently one can sync with Outlook's notes, but that's not a program I use. I'll probably just email them - it's easy enough.

The context for this is that I've been making notes for an essay (on "representational conventions in Egyptian art", if you're interested ) on my iPad, and I now need the notes on my PC, to actually write the essay.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Pretty sure it's just Outlook for the default Notes app. You might want to consider using a notes app that syncs with other services for the next project. I like Nebulous Notes which works with Dropbox, but I also use Outline+ which syncs with Microsoft OneNote, which I use for everything.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
There are a couple of e-mail services you can sync notes to. I have my notes synced to a MS Exchange server (access through Outlook) but I see, for example, that Yahoo mail settings on my iPhone includes a choice to sync notes there as well. Oddly, it is not an option for either my Gmail or MSN/Hotmail accounts.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #7
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
You can extract notes, text messages, calendar, etc... using iFunBox. Check out this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEJ4PEYMFho

Notes are stored in an sqlite database so you'll need another tool to view/extract them on your PC.

EDIT: You'll need to be jailbroken to use this method

Last edited by kguil; 01-28-2014 at 01:25 AM.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:53 AM   #8
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The title says it all. How - if possible at all - can I transfer notes made with the iPad "Notes" app, to my PC?

Thanks,
Does it have to be an ongoing sync? If not, you could simply cut and paste your note into an email to yourself.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:21 AM   #9
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
There are a couple of fairly straight-forward ways.

Assuming your notes are synced with iCloud, you can access them by pointing your browser at www.icloud.com.

Also, if you have an email client set up to access your iCloud email via IMAP, you'll find that your notes are also accessible via IMAP.

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:26 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
There are a couple of fairly straight-forward ways.

Assuming your notes are synced with iCloud, you can access them by pointing your browser at www.icloud.com.
Thank you - that's useful. I didn't know about that!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #11
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you - that's useful. I didn't know about that!
You will still need to copy & paste them though, if you want to put them into another application.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes, certainly.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #13
mishra
mishra began at the beginning.

Device: no
Use Amacsoft iPhone Backup Extractor, which helps you to transfer your notes from iPhone to PC.
mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #14
lmittell
Enthusiast
lmittell began at the beginning.

Device: K2, K3, Jetbook Lite, iPhone4
Another alternative is DiskAid. With it you can drag and drop notes at will. It costs about 30 USD, but it's useful in a number of other ways.

Larry
lmittell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:25 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I just emailed them in the end. Problem solved.