Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
duluoz
Newsbeamer dev
duluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Convert RSS feed to ebook

Hi,

Sorry if this is an obvious question. Calibre seems to have built in the ability to convert from an RSS feed to an ebook (via a custom recipe).

But is it possible to use an RSS feed as an input on the command line to 'ebook-convert', and then to output an ebook?

Thanks
Jamie
duluoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluoz View Post
But is it possible to use an RSS feed as an input on the command line to 'ebook-convert', and then to output an ebook?
Yes and no. I am no expert but I think you need the RSS feed inserted in a recipe before running the ebook-convert. Read the sticky post at the top of this form or the Adding your favorite news website section of calibre's manual for more info.

Moderator Notice
Moved to the Recipe forum so folks with specific knowledge can help you out

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-13-2013 at 03:08 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #3
duluoz
Newsbeamer dev
duluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thank you - that was the conclusion I had come to.

I'm trying to add additional functionality to an android app I made for calibre. I think I can just get it to build an RSS recipe on the fly though, given an input feed - so should be a workaround.

Thanks again
Jamie
duluoz is offline   Reply With Quote