Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
rignes
rignes began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Nook HD+ - Calibre takes a long time to find existing books on the device

Hello,

I have the Nook HD+ and while Calibre works it takes several minutes to finish the job of searching for books on the device when it's first plugged in. On my Nook Tablet it took it under a minute but on the HD+ it takes close to 10 minutes.

I know the HD+ uses MTP and while watching the job progress I see that it is scanning a bunch of what I can only guess are system files or cache files. Is there any way in the plugin to narrow down what directories it scans on the initial search job?
rignes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rignes View Post
I know the HD+ uses MTP and while watching the job progress I see that it is scanning a bunch of what I can only guess are system files or cache files. Is there any way in the plugin to narrow down what directories it scans on the initial search job?
Currently there is no way to limit this scan.

If you have access to the Google Play store you could try using the Calibre Companion (wireless require) app to connect to calibre instead of MTP. This app does allow you to limit the directories scanned. For my device to connect to calibre via Calibre Companion it takes about 1 minute and 18 seconds. This time includes time to scan the existing 2026 books on my device and update any metadata that may have changed since my last connection to calibre.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Pardon my ignorance in this, but who is scanning who(m) in this scenario?

Because of the MTP, does this mean the Nook HD and HD+ scan the host? Even with Calibre controlling book uploads? The "system" and "cache" files referenced by the original poster in this thread -- is that Calibre traipsing the entire Nook HD(+) or the NHD traipsing the host computer?
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote