Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
jettrue
Enthusiast
jettrue began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Password protect specific books... sharing nook with daughter...

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting a nook. I'd like to share it with my 11 year old daughter who is also a voracious reader. I sometimes like to read steamy romance novels, and I'd like to know if there's a way I can password protect certain books, so she cannot access them. Is this possible? Any other way to segregate books? Different "logins" or something?

Thanks!
jettrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Put them on a microSD card and just remove it before handing the Nook to your daughter
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
frossie
Geek Herder
frossie is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Let me get this straight. You think you will hand over a nook to an 11yo voracious reader ... and get to hold it ever again?

Start saving your pennies for a second nook.
frossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
You could buy them with a different credit card number...but I think that would be more work than it's worth. Plus, I think it would remember if YOU opened them on the same Nook.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:18 AM   #5
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by frossie View Post
Let me get this straight. You think you will hand over a nook to an 11yo voracious reader ... and get to hold it ever again?

Start saving your pennies for a second nook.
LOL. This.

Also I agree with the SD card idea.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 07:38 AM   #6
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
If you are both voracious readers it's going to be hard to share! You might consider buying a used Sony Pocket Edition on eBay -they run about $80-100 right now and I think they are less fragile than the nook.

And check your local library - mine carries all the hot kid series in ePub and PDF.

And
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote