Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Ockingshay
Ockingshay began at the beginning.

Device: New iPad
New iPad (3) profile

Hi, not sure if this is to do with the profile or simply the way it converts but in the original screenshot the text is formatted nicely, with correct spacing.

But the converted screenshot shows how there is what almost seems a double spacing and when trying to read it in ibooks it looks awful.

Original is a pdf and i'm trying to convert to epub using ipad 3 profile. Is there any way to make the converted file look half decent to read?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	original.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	90167   Click image for larger version

Name:	converted.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	90168  
Ockingshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Ockingshay
Ockingshay began at the beginning.

Device: New iPad
i've just noticed it only seems to happen with PDF sources.

EDIT *i turned on heuristic processing and it formatted it much better. I also noticed it was created a new line at the same place the the changed in the original pdf.

Last edited by Ockingshay; 08-04-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: fixed issue
Ockingshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Ockingshay -

In the Conversion dialogue try adjusting the PDF Input Line Unwrapping Factor, its a bit hit and miss but at a guess I'd say you need use a lower value, but I could be 100% wrong, you might need to use a higher value. See screen shot.

Have you read this ==>> Read this before Posting PDF Questions

Good luck

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	90193  
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote